Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I also have a p4 2.8ghz northwood.

Here is my socket:
socket 478mPGA

what cpu can I upgrade to?

I saw this at newegg.com:

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 3.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 RoHS Version Processor - OEM

its a

Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 3.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 RoHS Version Processor

Its $80. I'm expecting to see at least a 50% increase. Realistically, what % increase would I experience?

Would this be a big upgrade? IF its a small one then I can pretty much forget this upgrade.

It would be a really small upgrade, and I doubt you'll see the difference. As 200MHz is nothing.

You should get up to date with a socket 775, and a cheap dual core.

I would say about a 7% increase. You're already near the best and the upgrade definitely wouldn't be worth it, in my opinion.

Either save up for a new computer, or end up replacing your motherboard, processor, and RAM all at once.

How much can I sell my Sony Vaio 430g?

I upgraded the RAM to 2gb and video card to 512mb 7600gs.

Also I heard when selling a computer you have to reformat your harddrive so no one steals your data? How would one reformat their harddrive?

vaio 430g specs:
Sony VAIO PCV-RS430G Specs. Desktops Specifications.

How much can I sell just the tower itself? (without the mouse, keyboard and such).

edit: What about the OS? I upgraded my OS to Windows XP Pro (from Home) on this machine. What OS do I leave the buyer with?

When buying a new computer, where would be a good place to get the most "bang for buck" pricing? How much would it cost to get a decent system that will noticably surpass the one I have right now?

$200 at most is less than the parts I bought to upgrade it ... ($150 for 7600gs, and $80 for another 1.5 gb ram)

your lying. Someone offered me $300 on craigslist. Seriously though.

Ok I don't normally butt in with replies like this but:

Seriously?! Someone tries to give you an honest opinion and you tell them their lying? Ever heard of a thing called tact? **** forget tact, ever heard of common sense?

Arg, sorry, pet peeve. If you can't take advise when its offered don't ask for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom