Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeknocks

Solid State Member
Hey, I have an HD2400XT Video Card. I have never overclocked it before. When ever i try to open ATI tool or 3dmark05, it gets all screwy. The screen will turn on off, then say it recovered from an error. This happened twice, then on the third time it never turned back on. Now i can't get it to show anything on screen when i boot up. What can i do to fix this?

Wait..."when i boot up", are you referring to BIOS (your computer or motherboard's manufacturer logo) won't show or it won't show Windows once it gets to that point? If the BIOS won't show, try clearing CMOS (usually a jumper on the motherboard, if not, take out the small CMOS battery and reinsert it). If your graphics card requires external power (which, seeing as you have a high end board, it will), make sure you plug in the correct power supply lines to the card (some use PCIe 6 pin, some use Molex 4 pin, mine uses 4 pin FDD power). Try also taking out and reinserting the card.

I am using an ATI X1650XT and get this sometimes. Here is how I fix it.

1 - Go download the newest drivers for your card from the AMD site.
2 - Go download DriverCleaner Pro
3 - Uninstall your drivers and anything else that is with it - such as the ATI installer.
4 - reboot into safe mode and use DriverCleaner Pro as the instructions state.
5 - reboot again and now install the new drivers.
6 - reboot again and set up your card how you want.

The error you are getting is caused by the driver. I think it has something to do with new and old files together.

In the future you can just do an upgrade install and it should work fine. Just install your new drivers over the old ones in the future, DON'T uninstall the old ones or your will run into the same problem again.

Wait..."when i boot up", are you referring to BIOS (your computer or motherboard's manufacturer logo) won't show or it won't show Windows once it gets to that point? If the BIOS won't show, try clearing CMOS (usually a jumper on the motherboard, if not, take out the small CMOS battery and reinsert it). If your graphics card requires external power (which, seeing as you have a high end board, it will), make sure you plug in the correct power supply lines to the card (some use PCIe 6 pin, some use Molex 4 pin, mine uses 4 pin FDD power). Try also taking out and reinserting the card.

I am refering to turning on the pc. I do not even get the main motherboard logo to appear, i get nothing. I have already tryed taking out the battery, and removing the card and putting it back in. It doesnt require any extra power.

I am using an ATI X1650XT and get this sometimes. Here is how I fix it.

1 - Go download the newest drivers for your card from the AMD site.
2 - Go download DriverCleaner Pro
3 - Uninstall your drivers and anything else that is with it - such as the ATI installer.
4 - reboot into safe mode and use DriverCleaner Pro as the instructions state.
5 - reboot again and now install the new drivers.
6 - reboot again and set up your card how you want.

The error you are getting is caused by the driver. I think it has something to do with new and old files together.

In the future you can just do an upgrade install and it should work fine. Just install your new drivers over the old ones in the future, DON'T uninstall the old ones or your will run into the same problem again.

I tryed removing the drivers, then seeeing if i got anything, but i got no luck. So i reformated my hard disk. I still get nothing. As of now i have no drivers installed and i still get nothing. I know you need the drivers for the card to function properly, but you still should be able to use the card without the drivers.

Would you guys reccomend installing the drivers again, then trying? If the card died, i am going to send it back and get an Nvidea card, so i don't really want the ATI catlyst controller on my pc. Thanks

Do you have onboard video? If so try that and see if anything comes up. There may be an option in the BIOS you have to select the gfx card as the primary display.

Do you have onboard video? If so try that and see if anything comes up. There may be an option in the BIOS you have to select the gfx card as the primary display.

No, I don't have onboard video. But i do have an pci card which i am using right now, and it works fine. I have also tryed changing the Primary Display as pci express. but I get the same problem.

Thanks for all you ideas guys, unfortunatly none of them have worked. Does anyone have any other possiabliltys? Or should I just send the card back?

I am out of ideas. Maybe you should just RMA the card. But don't forget to update this thread telling us if the new card worked.

I got a new card, and everything is working great, i guess it was just a bad card. Or the hd2400's just really suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom