What I did wrong please some comments!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpuga

Baseband Member
I just buy a Thermaltake / Max Orb / Multi-Socket 775/AM2/939/754 / Copper Base / CPU Cooler I was trying yo installed in to my motherboard a XFX nForce 680i LT SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard I only try to make it fit for about 5 min. and I needed to go back to work. When I bought this fan I make sure it was a 775 socket so I don't know what to do. Has any one done this before I am in shock......

Why isn't fitting !!!!!:confused:

Can some one make me see my error??? or any help will be apreciated....

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Are you sure you are using the right bracket? Not the AM2 bracket or something?
Re-read the instructions that came with it...

AM2 bracket What is that ?

sorry if a dummy question but is my first build !!!!!

I think is the bracket the one that is not fitting it will just not match the holes in the mother board !!!!

Please some help recognize the right one because the reason I bought it was because it said 775 socket so I tough that is how you will recognize if it fits or not please help:confused:

Check again? It really should fit, unless you got a lemon or something. Make sure you are installing it correctly via the directions.

I tried many different ways and the space between the hole of my motherboard are smaller and the bracket that came with my fan is bigger i don't understand why this is my mother board link

XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard, NVIDIA, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express, SLI Ready, Gigabit LAN, SPDIF, USB 2.0 & Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID MB-N680-ILT at TigerDirect.com

and my fan

Thermaltake Max Orb Multi-Socket 775AM2939754 Copper Base CPU Cooler CL-P0369 at TigerDirect.com

as you can see is multisocke !and 775 is included but if you see closely to my motherboard you will see the space around the processor is like a square around the processor
and the bracket that came with my fan is way bigger

check this manual

http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/Thermaltake_MaxOrb_Cooler_Manual.pdf

please What I am doing wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Okay, grab the bag or box that the brackets came in. Just try each one until you find the LGA775 bracket.. Although the manual really should show you which bracket to use on your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom