To boot or not to boot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooka

Baseband Member
Hey there guys,

Got an ODD problem. Just bought a new system yesterday, threw it all together, put OS on everything working sweet. Untill i turned it off. It wouldnt come back on! I waited a couple of minutes and then it turned back on. It's not shorting anywhere because I've checked every possible place. Everything is brand new out of the box. Can someone please help or give me some idea? Would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Chooka

When you say "It won't come back on", do you mean it won't boot or won't post? If it won't boot (shows BIOS screen and says No Operating System or something along those lines), set the BIOS to boot from hard drive. If it won't post (nothing happens at all or motherboard beeps or fans spin up and immediately shut off), there could be a number of things. First, as you mentioned, there's the shorting problem. I thought my new motherboard was fried because it wouldn't post even with everything inserted, then found that there were some pins on the back of the case that were shorting it. Make sure that your CPU, RAM, and video card are all properly inserted, try reinserting them as well. If the board beeps, check your manual to see error codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom