Back to the drawing board

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya.. the Ballistix do ddr2-1200 on 5-5-5-12 which is why its recommended in every build nowadays

ok, I didn't even look at them on the final Ram-go-around, because they are DDR2 800 modules. Is there a website that has some kind of RAM charts, showing latencies, speed, and overclock potential for different modules?? At $50 each, I might as well get 4 Gigs, lol.

[EDIT] Ok, updated the list again.... thanks, that doubles the RAM and still saves me about $25 too. The feedback on the ram is pretty good too...... [/EDIT]

ok, I didn't even look at them on the final Ram-go-around, because they are DDR2 800 modules. Is there a website that has some kind of RAM charts, showing latencies, speed, and overclock potential for different modules?? At $50 each, I might as well get 4 Gigs, lol.

the crucial ballistix are the best for the money, period.

My 667mhz set have done 1200mhz so far at 5,5,5,15....1000mhz 4,4,4,12

Sweet, Crucial it is.... the only thing that sucks at this point is the sale ENDS Thursday, and I was gonna order it Friday... oh well, 2 separate orders won't hurt. Going to wait out till Friday to see what kind of Black Friday prices Newegg puts up.... (Black Friday is an American thing.... first official day of the holiday shopping season, usually about the time many business get into the black (profit) for the fiscal year.... look it up on google for more info...)

Anyways, I have been sitting here thinking about coolers now. While the Tuniq Tower is pretty appealing, my ONLY reservation about it is its weight.... JUST SHY of 1000 grams. Thats about 2-2.5 pounds hanging off of the motherboard. They need to fashion some kind of case mount for CPU coolers this massive, to take some of the strain off of the motherboard.

Nevermind.... Tuniq Tower 120 it is....

Yeah, gonna stick with the Tuniq Tower at this point.... I won't finalize CPU & Motherboard choice till Friday, depends on the deals that are out there. I will probably put in the RAM order on Tuesday.

Well, my 4 Gigs of RAM was ordered earlier tonight, so YAY to that!!!

After much research, I have confirmed that as gurusan suggested, the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme offers the best performance. I have decided to go without the Tuniq Tower 120 as originally planned....

Can anyone recommend an effecient and QUEIT 120mm fan to couple with the Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme??

Still looking for a case that I like too.... :(

Sitting here seriously considering the Antec 900....... only $70 after MIR..... today only while supplies last.... trying to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom