ATI Radeon 9600XT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...usually, kids who go through elementry school learn French...and yes, I do live in the Province called Ontario, which is bordering Quebec, which is a French province...never been there though :( ...People who have been there say it's a very beautiful place to live in...plus I don't speak a word of French...cause I never learned it before, and I immigrated too old to go to Elementry school...and in Highschool I am not officially required to learn French...there there ya go...lol...by the way...can anyone here recommend me a good web-site with an easy to follow guide as to how to over cloak my AMD Athlon 2100 (1733mHz) in step by step instructions?...:confused:

go to the the thread in oc titled how to over clocke by kangaroo
all your answers lye in there bud

koldapu said:
just saying, cause a friend of mine got a sapphire 9800pro which didnt work very well . . .

he returned it under warranty and got the ati 9800pro, which worked perfectly

So is my sapphire 9600 XT, it can even be clocked to cross the 4000 @ 3dmark03.. so don't tell me sapphire sux...

koldapu said:
ATI plays the mind game though . . .

cause nVidia 6700 ( i think it is ) is as good as ATI radeon 9800, but some people are like . . . WAIT, ATIs number is higher, so they must be BETTER . . .

but, of course, thats not the case

Erm, it was ATI who had the names of the 9x00 (pro/XT) first. They basically refer to Directx 9 + card model. It has been liek that for a couple of years...

The geforce 6700 is the new geforce '6', it's WAY faster then any 9800 card will ever be cuz it has 4 more pixel pipelines. The 9800 is a card from a generation earlier though. it's like comparising a geforce 2 with a geforce 3 or something :p

Figures why the 6700 is much more costly....

Red Beret said:
o.k...r u sure I would need the 400watt power supply? I thought the 9600XT is power efficient...? Oh, and what about my CPU (Athlon 2100 1733mHz) and RAM (512MB PC2700)...will it run real good with this CPU and RAM?

The 9600xt IS power efficient, but you cpu eats up like 80 watts, each HDD want 25 watts, not to mention ur ram mobo and other devices....

Better safe then sorry...

compy said:
lol, i'm taking german. i figure, if mexican(no offense) are going to like in america they better learn english, same for me if i go to mexico. i hate it when they have stuff at mc donalds in spanish, i'm like "mexicans! learn to speak the language of what country you are in", unless you are a tourist then there're exceptions. oh
yeah, by the way i'm from california to so, yeah. lol

Aah Sie spechen ein bißchen Deutsch? Waarum ist ein Amerikaner interessiert um Deutsch zu reden? Daß braucht mann doch niet da? Nur in Europa sprecht mann Deutsch 24/7...

Honestly, german is a waste of ur time, speak Dutch. Everybody does it, even in Japan...so am i.....

Sé hablar español si necesito, pero no soy muy bueno en español :-S

Red Beret said:
well...usually, kids who go through elementry school learn French...and yes, I do live in the Province called Ontario, which is bordering Quebec, which is a French province...never been there though :( ...People who have been there say it's a very beautiful place to live in...plus I don't speak a word of French...cause I never learned it before, and I immigrated too old to go to Elementry school...and in Highschool I am not officially required to learn French...there there ya go...lol...by the way...can anyone here recommend me a good web-site with an easy to follow guide as to how to over cloak my AMD Athlon 2100 (1733mHz) in step by step instructions?...:confused:

Overclockign is easy, first check your memory, if it's PC2700 and running @ 333mhz it might be a bottleneck. Try to get ram that can do @ least 33 mhz faster then mobo at stock speed. Also i dunno what chipset u use but the KT400 sucks. It only has a max 1/5 divider so if the bus goes over 166mhz, everything else(AGP, Mem, HDD's etc) go up aswell...REALLY bad for overclocking ;)

Last thing u need to make sure is your CPU, it needs to be unlocked and cooled properly. I made a seperate fan duct for it so it get air at room temp not the hot stuff from the case heated up my by hdd's :p (speaking of which if you are also going to overclock your agp/pci & ATA busses, make sure you have a less as possible components connected to it. you don;t want to **** over you hdd's cuz of some stupid overclock ;) )

Jumpers are ok but most ppls prefer in-bios overclocking.

First you got for the maximum multiplier overclock. increase the corespeed by 0.5 multiplier a time till the system stops booting or becomes unstable.(run the sysoft sandra cpu bench test for a couple of minutes to be sure of system stability)

Then return the multiplier to the default setting and increase the fsb 1mhz a time. When it becomes unstable you go back 1 or 2 mhz(test it the same way)

After that is just increasing the multiplier till the system goes unstable... go back half a multiplier and u've done it.

Next step is getting better cooling on your cpu ;)

Guys, what if I get the 9800Pro...is it that much better? And if I do get it, will it run on my system? thanks.

By the way...can any of you guys suggest me a good web-site where I can buy the video card that actually ships to Canada? Newegg has great prices, but doesn't ship to Canada...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom