USB Flash Drive vs Washing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
A while ago, I had bought a cheapy 512MB USB flash drive. The plastic was really cheapy and was just a generic thing really.

Anyway, I came back from work today and putting the laundry that I had left into the dryer, I heard something rattling there, and to my surprise, I saw the flash drive with all my data on it! I thought, ****, no way it's going to work, it's been spinning around, submerged in hot water for a good 45 minutes!

I plug it in, and wouldn't you know it... it actually works! How lucky am I? hahaha! Like, I don't think I can describe my surprise at all. I will definitely be checking my pockets more often before putting them in the washing machine now!

as long as you let it dry out before you plug it in then nothing will happen to it. its just plastic and metal. Just as long as you don't plug it in so electricity doesn't get involved.

-still pretty sweet story. haha.

All flash drives are like that. Somebody I work with has washed her flash drive at least 10 times, she told me. It's worked everytime after she lets it dry out. The reasoning behind this is because flash drives don't hold a charge, unless plugged into the computer. That's the only time they recieve power from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom