average temps?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure that when applying the thermal paste you do a VERY THING LAYER. It should almost be see through.

Only put the paste on the processor core NOT on the heatsink.

uh-oh... when i put the thermal paste on my processor i put quite a thick layer on and put it onto the h/s, not the core :S
On the antec thermal paste instructions it says to put it onto the heatsink...

what is the best way to clean off the stuff that comes on the P4 and its heatsink. It is not really pastey and I dont wanna mess up my processor.

using a credit card or equivalent is the best way to clean off the bulk of the thermal paste then use a very small amount of rubbing alcohol and like a cotton ball to clean off the remaining

try not to scratch either the HS or the CPU surface with the credit card

reapplying the thermal paste will significantly affect how well the HS can function.

We use isopropyl alcohol at work (rubbing alcohol). Don't go for anything fancy. Make sure when you clean it that none falls on your contacts since these pastes are conductive and will short things out for you. If it is stuck there and hard to remove, go to a hobby shop and get a small paint brush (1/4 inch wide) with stiff bristles. Soak it in alcohol then put a paper towel or soft cloth on top and use the brush to scrub the stuff away. The cloth will absorb the alcohol and residue and prevent scratching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom