G92 GeForce 8800 GTS, Pics & Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
true that but the cooling will be a lot better. although my 8800 doesnt get NEARLY as hot as i had heard before i bought it.
it idles only a couple degrees higher (46 or so) than my 7900's did and doesnt get really close to 70 full tilt.
lol dang hopefully they wont be all industrial looking and stuff like that pic. spray paint it black at least heh.
as far as the 256bit interface...are we coming close to using all that yet? i'd think maybe, but im no expert on cards. but i would think the next gen cards would have a 512....i dunno. 256 may be plenty.

..but how can they be to get rid of the G80 cores, if they use G92 cores?

If they want to get rid of G80 cores, shouldn't they put the rest of the G80 cores they have on more cards?

The old 8800GTS used only 96 stream processors clocked @ 1200MHz and was based on the G80 architecture.

Recently, they released an 8800GTS with 112 stream processors clocked @ 1200MHz based on the G80 architecture, probably to get rid of their remaining chips. A lot of people confused it for the 8800GTS Revision (ie. Version 2)

Now, they are going to release the 8800GTS G92 Revision, which of course, is not only based on the superior G92 architecture, but will also have 128 stream processors clocked @ 1625MHz (the Ultra has 128 also, but only clocked at 1500MHz). This is the true 8800GTS Revision.

craziness!!! looks like a good investment to me!!!

gonna outdo ultra's and whatnot.. hopefully this lowers current gtx prices so i can purchase another for less!

An 8800GTS as the flagship card for NVIDIA, against the more expensive GTX and Ultras. I really wonder how this plays out. If only they had a 1GB version.

get the new GTS its more powerful at a sensible price.

yaaa aint the sexyiest card i have seen.. quite bland looking. But not a big problem.

Infact until i hear something more about the mysterious Nvidia 9 Series.. that looks like its gonna be the graphics card for my new build. that with a Penryn QX9450 .. hubba hubba me wanna frag :D

Yeah it will be interesting to see how well this card performs. The thing i dont get is why people are setill buying the 8800GTS when the 8800Gt clearly outperforms it for less....

8800GTS 512 != 8800GTS 640. The NEW GTS is on the g92 chip and will rock . Depending on how good the card ends up and its price i may upgrade from my GT setup.

lol, if nvdia did that, i would just scratch my head and ask "wtf are you guys doing? just release a new line already!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom