DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

catrambo

Beta member
This is my first post,and hope that someone can help me. I have a Samsung DVD Rom-SD-612 that I never tried to Play or record until now, This drive will read a regular CD (audio or Video) with no problems. But when put in a blank DVD+R I get a message to insert disk and it cannot read the disk. I also get the same message after inserting a DVD movie. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. Catrambo

if you have a dvd-rom, it wont read a blank dvd+r . . .

it cant WRITE dvds . . . only READ

First, it looks like you have a DVD-ROM, which can't record DVDs. Second, do you have DVD decoding software, such as Intervideo WinDVD? If you don't, thats why you can't read a DVD movie.

catrambo, DVD-ROM (or CD-ROM) drives cannot record any data on a disk. The "ROM" means "read only memory" which means the device is only capable of reading the data that's already on a CD. If you want to write or "record" data onto a blank CD, then you need:
1) DVD-RW or CD-RW drive
2) Recording software like Nero.

RW meaning Read & Write.

As for viewing DVD movies on your PC, all you need is a DVD viewer like Win DVD or Power DVD to watch movies. I don't believe WMP 9.0 is capable of playing DVD movies.

If you're using Win2000 or XP, there is already a DVD player already built into the OS. Look in your WINNT/system32 folder or Windows/system32 (for XP).

well, i just put spiderman 1 in my dvd-rom

played it in WMP

the only thing is . . .

whats REALLY annoying about WMP 9 is that whenever you BARELY move the mouse, the fullscreen becomes 1/2 screen for a few seconds . . .

i like intervideo WINDVD cause it has the menu you can click to bring up, and keep in the corner or make it invisible

what does cd r mean? does it mean just cd read, does that mean it can read burnt cds still?

so does record mean what, how is it diff from rw. i thought rw standed for re writable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom