Turn MCE into WinXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
On occasion my mouse doesn't "power up" with my rig on reboot. When it happens, I unplug it and plug it back up. It's irritating, but I seldom reboot unless I have to.

Yeah, that's what I don't want to do. I got a MX500 but I would LOVE to go back to my Copperhead

I have a Razer Diamondback and MCE 2005. My mouse works jsut fine. Get the updated drivers.

MCE is XP Pro. Jsut with the Media Center part added. So downgrading will do you nothign since you are already running XP PRo.

it's a motherboard issue like bruce said. go update your mobo bios. if they care they would have a fix for it. a lot of of mobo's made 2-4 years ago had a problem powering up when a powered usb device is hooked up

Well, sorry to say, But I'm a total noob when it comes to updating motherboards. I have no clue what to do and would really hate to risk my motherboard over some stupid mistake =( I'll try those drivers/firmware that were posted before right now. I got the mouse hooked up. It works right now but I tried rebooting and it froze on loadup. So let me download the drivers and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom