computer turns off after turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitotsu

Baseband Member
Well this is the story. I bought some new parts today and I'm having a bit of trouble I'll list my parts and then tell you the problem.

m2n-e ausus motherboard
AMD64 Athlon X2 4200+ CPU
sapphire hd 2600 xt (GFX Card)
and a gig of ddr2 ram
as well as a new power source

I got my PC together and when i press power my computer turns on, all the LEDs go on, but then the CPU fan stops suddenly and the computer turns its self off.
My friend told me that this problem could be a faulty CPU.

If anyone could help me with the problem even a little that would be great. :)
If anymore information is required, just ask. :)
Thanks.

could be the cpu, but make sure that the voltage switch in the PSU is set to 115 and not 220...

There was one fact i forgot to mention which could help a lot in this matter.
One time I managed to get into the bios but about a few seconds later I got a message saying the chassis was open and then it crashed.

Seems like there is a jumper not set correctly, on several motherboards there is a header that can connect to a switch, depending on the brand you may have to take the jumper off or move it over or remove it, look at your motherboards manual in the BIOS section dealing with Chassis Intrusion Detection, or something similar. Also, look to see if you can find the header that is associated with that.

well i looked in my manual and this is what it said regarding the chassis intrusion word for word. The jumper cap is currently on the default setting for this feature to not be used. Also regarding finding a header that is associated with it. I'm not sure what a header is exsactly I'm an amateur at this and self taught on what i do know. i have my p1 and p2 power cables in at the moment and it told me the other ones were for sata drives, as for p3 though it says its for pci-e which i believe my gfx card said something about but i cant quite remeber or find it also i cant find a place for p3 and my motherboard manual says nothing about it. any help regarding this issue is much appreciated.

7. Chassis intrusion connector (4-1 pin Chassis)

This connector is for a chassis-mounted intrusion detection sensor or switch. Connect one end of the chassis intrusion sensor or switch cable to this connector. The chassis intrusion sensor or switch sends a high-level signal to this connector when a chassis component is removed or replaced. The signal is then generated as a chassis intrusion event.

By default, the pins labeled "chassis signal" and ground are shorted with a jumper cap. Remove the jumper caps only when you intend to use the chassis intrusion detection feature.

Hello I am new here can someone tell me the socket number for a medion m3 composer 5200 i need a new heatsink and everyone is asking for a socket number

Thank You email me at danmarino131984@yahoo.com
If nobody knows can you please send this to the right form thank you again

man cmon do not post in my topic asking for help that just rude simply make a new topic...if a mod sees this i request that u remove his post

do you think this could be a faulty power souce?
ill include the info on the box of the power source as well to help
Brand: cool master
Extreme Power 550w
[rp-550-pcar]

general specifics
type: intel form factor atx12v v2.01
input voltage: 110-115v/220-230v (selectable)
input current: 8A@115Vac/6.3A@230Vac
input frquency range: 47-63hz
fan: sleeve bearing 120mm fan
power good signal: 100-150ms
hold up time: >17ms
efficiency: 70% typically
mtbf: > 100,000
protection ovp/opp/short circuit protection
dimension: standard atx ps2 150X140X86mm
Operation temperature: 5-50c (nominal imput voltage)
safety: Nemko/tuv/cul/ce/bsmi/fcc

(note the below is a chart)
ac input 155v/230v 8A/6.3A 60/50hz
dc output +3.3v +5v +12v(exponent 1) +12v (exponent 2) -5v -12v 5vsb
max.power 25a 25a 16a 16a 0.8a 0.8a 2.0a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom