Orthos stress test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampD

In Runtime
Im going to finally overclock althought before I do I want to stress test it for 8 hours with my stock settings to see how that goes. When I search for othos stress test however I only get the free beta 2004 version, surely its not still in beta is it? Anyone know where to find orthos? Thanks in advanced, also I know a couple other people are recommending prime 95 too?

I guess I need the quad core versionf os the stress test?

Not sure about Orthos, but I hear a lot of people use Prime95. I'd try that one. I think it runs four instances to stress test all four cores.

Not sure about Orthos, but I hear a lot of people use Prime95. I'd try that one. I think it runs four instances to stress test all four cores.

hmm a lot of people always mention doing Orthos stress tests, surely somebody can please help me out :(

Isn't Orthos just a way to run prime95 with 2 instances for dual cores instead of needing to open prime95 twice? I run it on my system and I think the version I have is kind of old but it still stresses both cores so it does its job.

Orthos is good for quick less than 30 minute tests.. Priority level 10, SMALL FT test.

Course the real test for overclocking is running SMP folding indefinitly.

Orthos is good for quick less than 30 minute tests.. Priority level 10, SMALL FT test.

Course the real test for overclocking is running SMP folding indefinitly.

laymens terms please? :p

So I ran Orthos for 30 mins with priority level 10 with no errors, is that really all thats required? I thought people ran it for 8 hours?

laymens terms please? :p

So I ran Orthos for 30 mins with priority level 10 with no errors, is that really all thats required? I thought people ran it for 8 hours?

SMP Folding is the real test. So yes, run orthos for 8 hours or whatever if YOUR NOT going to run SMP Folding.

the Small FFT Test right?

SMP Folding is the real test. So yes, run orthos for 8 hours or whatever if YOUR NOT going to run SMP Folding.

the Small FFT Test right?

can I run SMP Folding with Orthos? I was just thinking of running the Blend test for 8-12 hours ( says it tests CPU and RAM ). Is it recommended to run a test with Memtest in addition as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom