Bought Crysis... how's everyone else's system holding up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
So I just played for about 3 hours of Crysis on NORMAL mode and it's hard as sh*t. It takes a while for you to get used to all the controls.

I have EVERYTHING set on medium and it runs SMOOTHLY using the x1950xt.

Graphics wise, I don't know why, but it doesn't look that amazing. I've been looking at too many videos of Crysis and I just got used to it. LOL.

How are the people with the 8800gt's doing? If my system runs Crysis this smoothly on medium I'm sure 8800 people are having a blast (on high settings?).

Bought this for $39.99!! LOL!!

Uhh 15 FPS with an 8800GT. Core 2 Duo E6420, 2GB of 667.

Everything on Medium, 4X AA and 1440X900 with Vista.

Ima turn down monitor resolution and AA totally off and hopefully that helps.

30-40 FPS with SLI @1920x1200 all settings high, dx9 :) But ive been more enthralled with playing CoD4. Also, i got mine for 29.99. On sale for 39.99 with a free 10$ gift card. I love how circuit city has become the new goto place for pc gaming.

does crysis require vista?

No, the game is compatible with XP, Vista 32bit, 64bit and is DX9 & 10 out of the box. Obviously if you want the DX10 stuff you need Vista and a DX10 card.
Also if you play in XP you don't have the Very High Setting ( but you can enable it with some sort of tweak [do a google search for that]) Anyway that setting is useless right now because is far too much for current Video Card hardware so there is no point playing in that setting unless you really want to.

"Supposedly" and this is all hearsay right now, but the game is supposed to run best on 64bit vista dx10. Sadly my newegg order wont show up until monday so i wont be able to test dx10 and vista 64 until then.

Im running DX10 wiht it and an 8800GT everything on medium 4XAA at 15FPS smooth not choppy FPS.

Playing on a 1440X900.

Gonna turn down AA to off and see if its any better.

"Supposedly" and this is all hearsay right now, but the game is supposed to run best on 64bit vista dx10. Sadly my newegg order wont show up until monday so i wont be able to test dx10 and vista 64 until then.

Well thats what Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli said in this Interview Q&A: Crytek CEO specs out Crysis

But that maybe is not true at all at least in the demo, we'll have to see if is the same thing in the retail game.

This is very recent so you might want to check it out:

Tech ARP - ED#66 : Is 64-Bit Crysis Really Faster Than 32-Bit Crysis? Rev. 2.0

1280X960 no AA all medium 40 FPS with 8800GT Decent not multiplayer is lame.

Gonna be playing single player a lot tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom