expected release of 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet i cant wait to get them didint really like the Kingston Hyperx cause you had to manually change the timings to 4-4-4-12 and change the voltage just to get the 800mhz it advertised false advertisement i was really mad when i got them.

Sweet i cant wait to get them didint really like the Kingston Hyperx cause you had to manually change the timings to 4-4-4-12 and change the voltage just to get the 800mhz it advertised false advertisement i was really mad when i got them.

Not true. Basically ALL ddr2 boards undervolt RAM. Also, manually changing the timings is good. Most boards will loosen the timings to help stability. This is why it comes in handy to know how to overclock your stuff.

Well yeah but the Kingston rams i got were like that for any MOBO you get they were set at 667mhz and you have to manually clock it to get your 800mhz keep in mind this is my first custom build i do not want to deal with manually clocking memory to get the advertised 800mhz i want it already to be ready for me.

.. wow.. didn't u set it right manually... because some 680i boards kinda do that a lot..

I figure i'll just hang on to my q6600 until the nehalems come out. At that point ddr3 should be affordable, and nehalem is supposed to be a giant leap, so i figure it'll be worth the upgrade.

That's what I originally planned to do, however Nehalem will be built for a new socket, and therefor not compatible with my, or yours for that matter, current mobo. So instead of spending 800.00+ on a new proc, mobo, and DDR3, I'll probably just upgrade to Penryn, and get a new mobo when the next thing comes out after Nehalem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom