ATI: 2900 pro 1GB DDR4 (vs)**new 3870?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxvigilancexX

Solid State Member
i hate to say it but the 8800 GT's are better cards.
but out of those 2 the 2900 might be better cause its cheaper and is a good card. but on the other hand the 3780 is better and you can put 4 in crossfire with the new amd boards.

i hate to say it but the 8800 GT's are better cards.
but out of those 2 the 2900 might be better cause its cheaper and is a good card. but on the other hand the 3780 is better and you can put 4 in crossfire with the new amd boards.

I'm A ATi boi, so i wouldn't go with the 8800's:D . I will correct you, the 2900's
are $100 or something more expensive than the 3870's, probably to do with that 512bit Memory. 3870's have DX10.1 but lower 256bit Memory :( , but with Quad GPU's...I'm going likely to go with these cards. But I'm gonna have to wait for those new AMD mobo's and processors, which sucks big time:dead:

both are out of stock.... but get the 2900pro and get the XT bios into it..

Thanx For Your Options

OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :freak:
Nah, they got em in stock cause it says "In Stock" on both the Cards Pages!

I'm gonna wait for the new AMD mobo, and get 4x 3870's, or even wait for the next 3000's(if any) to come out. But I'm look forward to Quad gpu's, if Nvidia comes out with a quad gpu support, and beat ATi in all possibly outcomes:p , i might think about getting a couple Nvidia's.....:rolleyes:

um 3850 is as strong as a 2900XT...

No it's not. The 3870 is the one that is almost as fast as a 2900XT.

Anyway, to answer the OPs question...the 3870 is a much better buy....it overclocks very well, is very efficient (power wise), and don't be fooled by the 256bit memory interface...it comes with GDDR4 which can be clocked very high and can still do over 80gbps

Also if you put 2 of these in crossfire they are VERY fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom