expected release of 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can't wait until 9800 GTX comes out either. That is going to be my next big upgrade (I count added HDDs and fans/heat sinks etc to be minor upgrades), and after that, maybe and let me reiterate, maybe, a Penryn quad.

Even if I do upgrade to Penryn, it wouldn't be until at least a year or two from now, because I have a feeling this Q6600 will last me a very long time, especially once I get a decent heat sink so I can overclock it properly.

I figure i'll just hang on to my q6600 until the nehalems come out. At that point ddr3 should be affordable, and nehalem is supposed to be a giant leap, so i figure it'll be worth the upgrade.

OMG... don't try to be 100% future proof is useless, buy what is right now out in the market, Nvidia just released a revision of the G80 - G92(8800GT) there is no point in keep waiting for the next big thing if that were the case then I'll be already waiting for the 10000 Series. Go ahead and buy a 8800GT with confidence even if they release a new series it will be way overpriced like the Ultra was when it was released.

Note: Obviously sometimes is better to make a little research about what is in the market, what is coming and more importantly WHEN is coming, check prices e.c.t so you don't screw by buying today an 8800GTS 320 and the next day Nvidia released the 8800GT half the price of the GTX with almost the same performance ;).

^ thank you!! nice build there Phanto, so your pending build is complete... that just leaves me... btw don't forget to put your 3dmark06 score in the TF Record scores..

Well i would keep my current system as is but i really need a new video card cause the 7600GS was just temporary since it was free but i cant run the games i want at high settings for graphics oh yea i just sold my kingston hyperx rams today to my friend for his new comp and now useing an A data 1gb pc26400 800 i was wondering what do you people with the crucial balistix rams think about them do you guys have any problems at all with them and how long have you owned it.

Crucial Ballistix are the best.. their overclocking ability is like... like.... magic!!

but just get an 8800gt and be happy.. or seeing how obsessed you are with a little bit of performance for a bit more cash.. get 2 of em

^ thank you!! nice build there Phanto, so your pending build is complete... that just leaves me... btw don't forget to put your 3dmark06 score in the tech forums Record scores..

I will but not right now because I'm going to buy a PCI Slot Cooler so it can blow out all that hot air that stay in the lower of my case below my GTX so I can overclock the GPU and leave him in that clock without worrying about temps issues.

Note: Last time I push the clocks I was almost reaching the 12,000K barrier :) .

Yea i will get an 8800GT during black friday this month do you guys know if the Crucial ballistix causes any problems with the 680i motherboards i was looking at reviews on newegg and some people had problems with it hopefully i wont im expecting the rams to be here by next week tuesday when i order it on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom