Memory changing mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
For some reason when I add another 1gb (2 more sticks, 512 each) to my 2gb(2 sticks 1gb each) of ram it switches from 400 mhz to 320 mhz in my bios load up and cpuz changes from saying FSB:DRAM 1:1 to 5:4. Why is this? Both sets of memory run at ddr 400 pc 3200 I don't understand why its changing.

i think its because of the two smaller sticks, your sticks should remain the same size and try to get them from the same company, basically identical sticks throughout

its weird because I can put in one of the 512 and it still says 400mhz but its no longer dual channel but when i put in the last 512 it switches to 320mhz

It's probably due to the fact that you're filling all your RAM slots. I've read somewhere that for some technical reason when they're all used they can't run as fast as they normally would. However you should be able to force 400Mhz in the BIOS (it might be unstable tho).

Hey, man! I know I've been away for quite a while, but a lot of things happened. Mainly, I graduated, then moved here to Mexico City and I'm now studying towards my Masters degree. I don't have IAM, only MSN Messenger; you can reach me at meithan @ you know the rest (if not, I'll PM).

Glad to be back! These forums rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom