expected release of 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
I was thinking of getting a 8800GTX but i was wondering when do you guys think the 9800GTX will come out any expected release dates if its not to long i will most likely wait to get the 9 series card.

As far as I know all info on the 9800 is just rumors. I would suggest just buying a 8800gt for now and upgrade when you need to. A 8800gt is half the price and ~96% as good as a gtx.

there's always gonna be something better coming out. for now the 8800GT offers a fantastic price-performance and 2 of them will be a great value. Even if we see the 9800GTX anytime in early '08, expect exhuberant prices

ya.. no offense csaefong.. but your really being a bit rash about having decent grade parts.. u keep wanting to upgrade every little thing... things upgrade fast.. stick with what u have.. and buy again in a couple of years..

I figure the new flagship card from nvidia will launch around 600 even though it will only cost them about 75% as much as the current gen GTX models cost to produce due to the die shrink. But for what i paid for my 2 GT cards i should be able to sell both of those for a single ****GTX whenever they come out and either lose very minimal money or heck even make a few bucks if the cards hold their value the way they are looking to right now.

Just wait until you can get a GT for under 250 and pick that up. Its more than enough card to play everything but crysis right now. At 1920x1200 and all settings maxxed i get 60+ (vsync capped) frames on basically every game i play except for crysis.

Well I can't wait until 9800 GTX comes out either. That is going to be my next big upgrade (I count added HDDs and fans/heat sinks etc to be minor upgrades), and after that, maybe and let me reiterate, maybe, a Penryn quad.

Even if I do upgrade to Penryn, it wouldn't be until at least a year or two from now, because I have a feeling this Q6600 will last me a very long time, especially once I get a decent heat sink so I can overclock it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom