Real world affects of an 18396 3dmark06 score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya im using ntune to turn it on. And my cards are running at stock speeds for whoever asked. The cards from fry's were apparently either misboxed at eVga or misflashed, apparently all of the cards fry's got were superclocked editions in a reference card box.

Ya, the large-scale teamplay that BF2 offers is awesome.

I used to really be into a HUGE online multiplayer game called WWII online. Now battleground europe... The crowd of people who play it are a little sparse because sometimes action isn't instant....

So what was that script to turn sli on and off. And how do i turn sli on with anything but ntune. Rivatuner doesnt give me the option, nor does gpuz

So what was that script to turn sli on and off. And how do i turn sli on with anything but ntune. Rivatuner doesnt give me the option, nor does gpuz

1) Open notepad
2) Copy the following in:

Option Explicit

Dim WshShell
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' Open the SLI Mutil-GPU applet.
WshShell.Run("rundll32.exe nvcpl.dll,LaunchMultiGpuApplet")
' On slower machines this Sleep value may need to be increased.
WScript.Sleep(500)

' Send the keystrokes to change the mode.
WshShell.SendKeys("%E")
WshShell.SendKeys("{ENTER}")
WScript.Sleep(500)
WshShell.SendKeys("{ENTER}")

WScript.Quit(0)

3) Save the file as "SwitchSLI.vbs"
Note: Be sure to change the drop down box from *.txt to All Files.
4) Run.

1) take the code and paste it into a new notepad window;
2) save the file as 'SwitchSLI.vbs';
3) when you want to play a game using SLI, run the file you saved in step 2;
4) when you want to switch back to single-GPU so that you can use multiple monitors, run the file you saved in step 2

also, running this script will re-set the clock values to default. so, overclocking is a serious pain.
you can put a shortcut in your quick launch toolbar so you are able to change modes with a single click.

i cant remember...its been a little while since i had SLI...do you HAVE ot reboot when you turn it on and off using nvidia control panel?

It makes me reboot when i turn it on, but it seems to be saving the SLI settings atm. So if i can just get it to keep SLI on i wont have to bother toggling it, since i use a third, non nvidia card for my 2nd monitor.

...Battlefield 2 graphics are extremely dull

Could never get into the game at all either...

I'm not sure what you're saying here as COD4 is more like the other COD games than BF2.

BF2s engine is impressive if you consider the time it came out and how massive the maps were and players supported. COH4 is on a such smaller scale and therefore obviously can devote more power to the graphics/lighting, etc. If your playing games for eye candy in the first place, then your obviously not a true gamer.

COD4 is so similar to BF2 its not even funny, not just the modern weapons but the unlocks/upgrade systemetc. In COD4 you can win a UAV or automatic attack chopper if you get multiple kills in a row, while in BF2 you can just deploy the UAV or fly the attack chopper youself.

Crysis = 1920x2100 res, full screen, all options set to "high" cant select very high until i get my vista disc hopefully friday.
never lower than 30FPS ranging up to 44fps

So, I assume you are running it in DX9 because I am lucky to get 30 FPS at 1280x768, 2xAA, and all settings on high in DX10 and 64bit. If I put it at 1680x1050 I get like 8 FPS...haha. This game will bring anything to it's knees in DX10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom