KeenanV

Beta member
Motherboard- XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard
Processor- Intel PD 925 3.0GHz OEM
Memory- Crucial 1024MB PC5400 DDR2
Storage-Maxtor DiamondMax 21 200GB Hard Drive
Case-Ultra Aluminum Mid-Tower Case
PSU-Ultra 400-Watt XVS PSU
Video Card-XFX GeForce 7300 GT 512MB PCIe w/DVI/TV-OUTx2(Two)

It doesnt come with a CPU cooler I need advice on that

This is going for 400$ after rebate, just wanted to check with you pros if this will all work rightish? My freind said the powersupply might be low if running two card like that? Yeah I understand no operating system but I have disks.

Thanks in advance

well the system would work fine. the 400watt should be ok for the cards, and you said it didn't come with a cpu cooler so go on newegg and just search for a cpu heatsink/fan that will work with a Pentium d

its probably from Tigerdirect, everything looks decent but you could get better videocards than that and the cpu is outdated especially with core 2 duo out. Even though its 400 after rebate its not really worth it. You could get a better deal elsewhere.

its probably from Tigerdirect, everything looks decent but you could get better videocards than that and the cpu is outdated especially with core 2 duo out. Even though its 400 after rebate its not really worth it. You could get a better deal elsewhere.

I wouldn't order from tigerdirect if I were you. They have a pretty crappy rebate policy. Bigy is right though...you can get a better deal elsewhere. Keep shopping.

I've bought something quite similar last week from Tigerdirect.

XFX nForce 680i LT SLI Socket 775 Barebone Kit - Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz OEM, 2 x 512MB Video Cards, 2GB DDR2 PC6400, ATX Mid-Tower Case, Clear Side, 500 Watt Power Supply.

It seems that the powersupply (Ultra 500W ATX) is not right for this system. Once all hooked up, there's no power. Beside the 20 pins connector, the powersupply got a 4-pin ATX 12V connector instead of a 8 pin ATX, which is strongly not recommanded according to the XFX motherboard manuel.

Call up Tiger this morning - They know about this, as there are three more customers with the same problem. They will call me back today (3th Dec)and hopefully exchange the powersupply asap once they figured this problem out.

According to Tiger, it is a 'marketing' problem. I've to point out that I never had a problem with them before.

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom