OMFG Ghostbusters Game in THE WORKS!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
bit-tech.net | New Ghostbusters game in the making

The Ghostbusters game is confirmed to have a co-op and multiplayer mode too!
I love Ghostbusters with a white hot passion which burns from the centre of my being and permeates cleanly through into almost every aspect of my life. What parts of me aren't devoted to remembering and glorifying The Secret of Monkey Island are used to love Ghostbusters. Everything else is a secondary concern, even breathing.

Which is why I can freely admit that I squealed like a little girl when I heard that Vivendi had confirmed a new Ghostbusters came in development.

According to Joystiq, the game will be written by Harold Ramis and Dan Ackroyd, who both starred in and wrote both the films. Bill Murray will also be lending his likeness and voice to the game, reuniting Murray with Ramis for the first time since the pair wrote and starred in Groundhog Day.

Vivendi has said that they spent 'tens of millions' on the license for the game and is determined to make it work. Variety has picked up some of the details to, confirming that the game will have co-op and multiplayer modes and bagging the first piece of game artwork (on the right).

Platform and release date is still unknown, but it's a safe bet to say that it'll be a multiplatform release and is expected for a Fall '08 release. That puts it near to the release for Fallout 3, so I may have to book some time off for next Autumn.

Hopeful about how the game will turn out or are you a big ol' cynic? Let us know in the forums.

omg! i looooooooooove ghostbusters. seriously. My favorite movies as i was growing up, aside from indiana jones and back to the future. i hope they make this a good one. looks like i might have to actually go next gen sometime. unless they release it for pc, which im sure will happen sooner or later.

I heard this rumor a couple years ago and it never came to fruition then either. Can always hope though.

Dan Ackroyd is most likely basing this game on the Ghost Busters III script. Especially considering that project was not given the go ahead last year.

I remember playing a Ghostbusters game on my Apple II back in the late 80's / early 90's.

As far as nostalgia goes, I can't recall to many I can recomend, Ghostbusters though have a solid place in my top movies, as such, I have a positive bias towards any games with the likness; It will be better than the 4 bit game released out of the 70's, so put your mind at rest my friend, we have a demon hunting bonansa with all the lasers, old car driving, husteling of bystandards that you can handle.

On a serious note, it was the actors that made the movie a better success than it would have been, I doubt a game can capture the humor and charcter portrayall as laid down in the movie.

As far as nostalgia goes, I can't recall to many I can recomend, Ghostbusters though have a solid place in my top movies, as such, I have a positive bias towards any games with the likness; It will be better than the 4 bit game released out of the 70's, so put your mind at rest my friend, we have a demon hunting bonansa with all the lasers, old car driving, husteling of bystandards that you can handle.

On a serious note, it was the actors that made the movie a better success than it would have been, I doubt a game can capture the humor and charcter portrayall as laid down in the movie.

all the actors will be returning to lend their voices to this game. and supposedly akroyd and ramis will be writing the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom