3DMark06: Q6600 VS Agena 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the difference isn't miniscule...and you would be dropping an entire platform anyway because from what we've seen Agena is slowish on 590 boards.

the difference IS miniscule as far as i am concerned. its the same argument that we've had for c2d versus x2. dude when you have to change your mobo and cpu for a slight speed advantage, it's totally not worth it, IMO.
for a 30-40% performance gain, maybe. there's not that big if a difference between the x2 and c2d, and there wont be that big of a difference between the agena and intel quads. i think that the agena will compete with the current intel lineup, but i guess we'll just have to wait until i get one to prove that to ya'll haters lol. the new intel processors may be king again, but i guess we'll have to wait for one of ya'll to get it to prove it to me. its not going to be a massive difference in performance either way, i assure you.
and no, i wont be dropping my 590 immediately for the new boards. i havent seen any test beds using a 590 (did i miss one? i dunno i know theres one with a 560, but thats the only 5-series mobo i recall). i will probably wait and see what kind of results i get with my current mobo...if they are not acceptable, then i MIGHT step up into the am2+

Hahahah, not a big difference between c2d and X2? If people had dropped their AM2 boards for LGA775 boards, they would have also been granted access to a very nice upgrade path that features superior processors and would have had earlier access to a quad core processor.

Honestly, the AMD quads seem to compare to the Core 2 Quads the same way that the X2 compare to the Core 2 Duo. Same performance on stock, but gets blasted on overclocking, and they are going to be released MUCH later.

I mean, realistically, do you really expect the Agena to hit 4GHz when AMD had to majorly underclock their processors before release? When production of these processors has such poor yield that they must use those failed chips to keep their profits (ie. make them Toliman triple cores)? I'm seriously willing to bet some money on this. I think I've got excellent chances here. :D Phenom will not overcome the Kentsfields, let alone the Yorkfields.

I'm feeling you man, it must be SOOooo hard being an AMD fan right now. I respect you for your willingness to stand by a company you believe in. AMD needs to be more commercially competitive than it ever has before. It has invested so much money into Phenom, and now it seems that the only people who would be willing to accomodate Phenom are people who already have AM2 setups. The fact that they might have to upgrade their boards is also a turn-off. We'll soon find out about that though (ie the difference between old AM2 boards and the 790s). As for Intel people, who's gonna switch over? Lol, nobody! And as for those building a system from the ground up, they'll probably go Intel as well because for now, it's cheaper and better. End of story.

I'm feeling you man, it must be SOOooo hard being an AMD fan right now. I respect you for your willingness to stand by a company you believe in. AMD needs to be more commercially competitive than it ever has before. It has invested so much money into Phenom, and now it seems that the only people who would be willing to accomodate Phenom are people who already have AM2 setups. The fact that they might have to upgrade their boards is also a turn-off. We'll soon find out about that though (ie the difference between old AM2 boards and the 790s). As for Intel people, who's gonna switch over? Lol, nobody! And as for those building a system from the ground up, they'll probably go Intel as well because for now, it's cheaper and better. End of story.

so,all the new chipsets and crap Intel has been pumping out has had no effect on anyone's pocketbooks? I dare say many here would admit to upgrading their mobos alone two or three times with their C2Ds.

Fanboyism in any form turns my stomach, and that is directed to all. I have AMD and ATI, and I will probably stich with them, but I make no claims to fanboyism. But the flagrant amount of it around here by some is way beyond what could be justified, period.

no fanboyism here.

I started with AMD, then went to Intel once C2D came out (took me awhile because of the money, and the x2 @ 3.03ghz was still decent).

Started Nvidia (went through fx5200, 6800GS, 7800GT, 7900GT, 8800GTS), then tried a number of ATI cards and have LOVED the software voltage control.

So far that's the main selling point ATI has for me as I like to overclock.

so,all the new chipsets and crap Intel has been pumping out has had no effect on anyone's pocketbooks? I dare say many here would admit to upgrading their mobos alone two or three times with their C2Ds.

Fanboyism in any form turns my stomach, and that is directed to all. I have AMD and ATI, and I will probably stich with them, but I make no claims to fanboyism. But the flagrant amount of it around here by some is way beyond what could be justified, period.

I'd hardly call myself a fanboy, I'd go the AMD route if it's superior. My praise for Intel is only a response to AMD fanboy optimism in the face of constant bad news.

I think I'm justified in reacting to bad benchmarks from AMD without indirectly being called a fanboy. Sure I can be an arsehole when I do make pessimistic statements towards AMD, but let's make sure to distinguish it from fanboyism and being an arsehole ;)

I can totally own up to being an arsehole, like, if Intel's Q9450 for some reason only has a 2% increase in performance from a Q6600, then I'll bash Intel with no mercy, that's just the way I am

AMD/ATI fanboyism here. Why? Because i own an AMD processor, loved it, n ever since AMD bought ATI, what is the point of getting Nvidia graphics card for a Crossfire mobo with an AMD/ATI chipset from AMD themselves?

ya........that is my reason.

Fanboyism is illlogical. Buy the best for that moment in time. Favor nothing..
When AMD Pwned, I went AMD, when Intel Pwned, I bought Intel. When Nvidia Pwned I bought Nvidia, when ATI pwned I bought ATI. Same goes for reccomendations and giving advice.

Course, noone with any sense is going to tell another to buy an intel CPU (Or AMD) if they don't have enough money to buy a new board and corresponding RAM. To do so because of fanboyism would also be illogical.

If I had my way (Which you all should be thankful that I DO NOT) we wouldn't even have the word fanboy or anything related.

I'm a fanboy. A performance fanboy. I buy whoever can give me the most bang for my buck. I guess that makes me a buck fanboy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom