Graphics solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Im looking for a little extra power for the time being, next friday im hopefully going to be picking up a 22" or 24" lcd (hopefully 24!) and i will probably be needing a little extra. im not looking to purchase an new card and i figure my possible solutions are:

1. pick up a cheap 7900gs off of ebay for like $30-40.

2. sell my 7900gs and try and pick up a x1950xt.

what do you guys think will be the best solution for now?

I think you should sell your 7900GS, save a little more, and get a 8800GT, if possible....because I don't think those options will cut it, for gaming on a 24" monitor. That is unless you're not looking for high settings.

yeah i know, i really want an GT but i am really trying to hold back for jan-feb when i build a new rig, and then hopefully the g9's will be out. i'm trying to get the most out of my pc for now, going on a year and a half.

yeah i dunno, $30-40 for another 7900gs and i'll probably get like %50 better framerates? sounds good to me though.

yeah i thought it was tight. i love some good music.

^_^ yeah for 30-40$ its better than what youre running. Even though a gt would be a nice choice, waiting for the 9's is better XD only a few months off.

yeah thats what i figured, i think im just gonna do that. i saw the exact same 7900gs i have on ebay earlier for 20 + 7 shipping with like one day left.

im saving up for a complete build at the beginning of next year so i'll just get the best gpu out then, and that computer should tide me over for another year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom