**i Need Help Asap***please Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billygn

Solid State Member
i have my work computer home with me tonite and I'm not supposed to be on the net. well i was and i've got some type of malware virus that keeps giving me pop ups. I've got a few programs to remove it but the computer won't let me because i'm not the admin!!! PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS F$#%% THING

thanks a million

I'm sure how to do that? I'm not logged in as the admin if I could get past the admin log in I could run the programs to remove the bug?? any suggestions

I suggest you stop using company property improperly. Then I suggest using a live CD such as Knoppix. Then you can run your programs.

Even installing the Apps wont do you any good. Because they will leave a trail in your Registry, temp files among other places that a good IT person will find.

Gues syou should have stayed off the net. A system Restore shouldnt require a Admin pass but it will require a XP CD or Vista DVD.

Or you can pretend it never happened :D lol
But to be honest with you, you should just be honest because whatever you do, there is a way to track all activity that has been down on the HD. Therefore, it is better to be straight up honest than to lie your way through this one.

I suggest you stop using company property improperly. Then I suggest using a live CD such as Knoppix. Then you can run your programs.

Good idea, but even a live CD leaves a trail on your hard drive.

Basically, you're screwed. I agree that you should just be honest about it and hope for the best. Sorry.

Its simple, just format your HD about 7 or 8 times. I think there are programs that will write random data on your HD to help cover-up your deleted fills.

Get back-up for this idea before you run with it,
If that is a lil bit extreme, and you don't want to give your boss an empty shell, try google. Live-cd OSes should let you fix your problem. Now try to find a good disk cleaning software that will clear the free space on your HD. that should help cover your tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom