Looking for a new laptop to replace my current. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
Hello techies...

I need some help. Currently I have this laptop.

Products & Services - Notebooks
Acer 4400 Travelmate

The only difference is that mine has 1.5 ram. Now I am wanting to replace this laptop for a better one. Basically, I game on my laptop. I play some real time war games and online role playing game called dark age of camelot. I'm really interested in something faster and really interested with something with a dual core. Will a dual core benefit a person that is mainly going to game with the laptop? Any recommendations? I'm looking at a $400 - $700 range if possible.

That will depend on how much hard drive space you want, the specs you want specifically and other games you want to use.

I think you'd benefit from a wireless mouse(if you don't already) and swing by dell, the XPS series is pretty good. If you have the cash up front around maybe 500 or 700 specifically you could build a machine with pretty basic specs:
17'' screen(maybe a 15.4 wide screen)
1Ghz of ram is fine
160GB HDD
and either the AMD Turion x2 or Intel Core 2

On the note of you seeing any difference in dual core, yes, you will see the difference in gaming as far as speed goes. I run an AMD 4000+ and a 7600GT in my main rig so any laptop with a dual core will out perform mine.

If your none to savvy on clock speeds of a dual cores if your looking to put one in your machine they range from 1.8ghz to 2.0+. So if you think your getting scr**** out of performance, just remember those are two individual cores processing information at the same time.

I would also look into building one! I have an inspron 9300, ok gaming and movies, the xps is just more ram, better vid card and faster processor. This you can get by upgrading the 9300, now 9400 and you'll come out with less expense than the xps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom