3DMark06: Q6600 VS Agena 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkwürdigliebe;1233627 said:
lol you guys are in such denial. What makes you think they wouldn't use an AM2+ 790FX board?

well there using the Nvidia driver i see instead of the ATI one lol.

im jk. Also too, doesnt AMD processors have their own drivers? I've been to AMD's site plenty of times n they clearly do have their own drivers.

so in conclusion, the only statment i can possibly make about this.......benchmark......is that the Phenom doesnt have the most recent driver for the CPU, AND the chipset 790X or 790FX.

Early benchies never pan out. As Ste said, once it is in th channel, we'll get to see some solid benches of stock and OC chips.

Early benchies never pan out. As Ste said, once it is in th channel, we'll get to see some solid benches of stock and OC chips.

i just hate it that ppl make judgements on Phenom or HD 3850 n 3870 just because of the early release benchmarks, it just makes me sick!

btw, the Phenom models 9600 n 9700 have a total differ watts to consume. The 9600 consumes 90w n the 9700 consumes 125w. I know this is full load or something, but wtf is up with this when the 2 models r 100MHz apart?

which one should i go for? I just want a good quad-core that i can OC a lot. I wont have my computer up n running by Q1-2 2008 is all i can say.

i just hate it that ppl make judgements on Phenom or HD 3850 n 3870 just because of the early release benchmarks, it just makes me sick!

btw, the Phenom models 9600 n 9700 have a total differ watts to consume. The 9600 consumes 90w n the 9700 consumes 125w. I know this is full load or something, but wtf is up with this when the 2 models r 100MHz apart?

which one should i go for? I just want a good quad-core that i can OC a lot. I wont have my computer up n running by Q1-2 2008 is all i can say.

lol, go for the Q6600 or Q9450, hahahahahaha :D

why would i drop my entire platform for (what seems to be) a miniscule difference in performance...? thats just stupid. and the jury's not even in yet. let me get my hands on one, and then i will make the decision.

So far the difference isn't miniscule...and you would be dropping an entire platform anyway because from what we've seen Agena is slowish on 590 boards.

this test wasnt exactly conducted as well as good have been. as said nobody runs that cpu with those timings and dont forget this is still on the am2 chipset

only if the Phenom turns out to be a bomb, then worst case senario would i go with Intel.

i game mostly so AMD is for me. Period.
as of now intel are easily better for gaming so amd will not always been known as the 'gaming' processor

That's it. I'm getting a 9700. Then I'm going to overclock it.

When I get my 8800 GT, I'm gonna steal me back the 3dmark06 top spot for AMD systems.

I ordered an eVGA KO edition, but they didnt' have it in stock. But my order's still placed, so I'll be getting it when stock arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom