Looking for a Computer Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Here's what I got! Do I need some water cooling case? Extra fans? What should I do? Any ideas on what cases might work great here?

Motherboard - EVGA 122-CK-NF67-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i LT SLI ATX Intel Motherboard -- $159.99
Video Card - EVGA 512-P3-N806-A1 GeForce 8800GT SSC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 -- $329.99
Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield -- $279.99
Ram - G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) (2 Sticks, 4GB) -- $139.99
HardDrive - 500GB Seagate (5200 or 7200 not sure what I have) -- $0.00
Operating System - Windows Vista 64-Bit Ultimate (OEM, I don't care) -- $179.99
Power Supply - TruePower Trio 650/550 (Can't remember what I have) -- $0.00
Accessories - DVD All in one, SD slots, HDTV card, Wireless N card, 500GB external WD, Speakers -- $0.00
Monitors - 2 19" MAG and 1 20" ACER Ferrari -- $0.00
Case - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -- $124.99
--------------------------------------
Total: $1214.94

Randy

That's a little expensive for an 8800GT. Just get the regular version, and I'd suggest getting a 32-bit OS for now, as it's really the best for gaming (I'm assuming this is a gaming build), even maybe stick to a free copy of XP if you can find one.

Everything else looks pretty good. I'd suggest an Antec 900 for a case, pretty popular case and performs exceptionally well for the money.

Thank you Merk. The Video Card is a lot, but quite a few people said it's a good bang for your buck. I have an ATI Radeon x1850 512MB I think. Or it's 1650. I do play a few games here and there, but for the most part it's for a business. I run many applications and a lot of internet. 30+ windows at any given time. Vista is handy for me as a lot of the software I use is being integrated with Vista. The 64bit is to handle a lot of ram. I'll be upgrading even past 4GB in the future. From what I hear 32 bit can't handle much.

Also is this the Antec 900 you are talking about? It does look nice and I'm sure it would suit my needs. Any reason why or is it an overal good universal case?
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Thank you Merk. The Video Card is a lot, but quite a few people said it's a good bang for your buck. I have an ATI Radeon x1850 512MB I think. Or it's 1650. I do play a few games here and there, but for the most part it's for a business. I run many applications and a lot of internet. 30+ windows at any given time. Vista is handy for me as a lot of the software I use is being integrated with Vista. The 64bit is to handle a lot of ram. I'll be upgrading even past 4GB in the future. From what I hear 32 bit can't handle much.

Also is this the Antec 900 you are talking about? It does look nice and I'm sure it would suit my needs. Any reason why or is it an overal good universal case?
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

I was also going to go with the Antec 900 (before my budget went through, and now I have to wait until April to build). In terms of quality of construction and air flow, it's supposed to be really good. Also looks decent, and has certain features I need that can't be found in other mid-tower cases.

antec 900 would be a great choice but i prefer the lexa blackline which is really a nice looking case.

nice ram choice <3 i love those sticks. g.skill has the 2x2gb 4-4-4-12 on newegg. canada doesnt have em yet such a pain >.> and yeah 32bit OS will only recognize around 3ish Gb. I'll be upgrading to vista 64 soon enough. runnign vista ultimate 32 right now, works great.

I'm in the US. So far I've seen about 3 recommendations on the case. Antec being the biggest. I like the look of the Antec and Lexa haha. I'm thinking about getting the Antec. The prices are all US $. By the way the ram sticks are 5-5-5-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom