Real world affects of an 18396 3dmark06 score

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so apparently my computer likes to turn SLI off for no reason. This explains why i wasnt seeing an improvement in tabula rasa. Back to all stock 24/7 settings.
q6600 @ 3.6ghz 1.35v
4gb ddr2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12
SLI GT @ 650/1900

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

These are the actual REAL world numbers im getting for crysis, cod4 and gears of war.

Gears of war = 1920x1200 res, full screen, all settings at max, dx9
caps at 62 fps rarely drops down to 50-55.
for the record, GoW was actually capped at 62 FPS with just a single GT

Crysis = 1920x2100 res, full screen, all options set to "high" cant select very high until i get my vista disc hopefully friday.
never lower than 30FPS ranging up to 44fps

CoD4 = 1920x1200 res, full screen, all options to on or normal, AA x4. Vsync on i stay pegged at 60 fps. If theres a ton of greenery on the screen i drop down to around 52.
Also, cod has an option in the graphics section for single or dual video card.

For the record, of the 3 games, cod4 seems to have the best hook. This post actually got delayed because cod4 sucks you in pretty well.

Ok I got a single GT playing on a 19" (1440X900) so hopefulyl Crysis will be around 40ish FPS.

I get 90FPS in COD4

Ok so apparently my computer likes to turn SLI off for no reason. This explains why i wasnt seeing an improvement in tabula rasa. Back to all stock 24/7 settings.
q6600 @ 3.6ghz 1.35v
4gb ddr2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12
SLI GT @ 650/1900

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

These are the actual REAL world numbers im getting for crysis, cod4 and gears of war.

Gears of war = 1920x1200 res, full screen, all settings at max, dx9
caps at 62 fps rarely drops down to 50-55.
for the record, GoW was actually capped at 62 FPS with just a single GT

Crysis = 1920x2100 res, full screen, all options set to "high" cant select very high until i get my vista disc hopefully friday.
never lower than 30FPS ranging up to 44fps

CoD4 = 1920x1200 res, full screen, all options to on or normal, AA x4. Vsync on i stay pegged at 60 fps. If theres a ton of greenery on the screen i drop down to around 52.
Also, cod has an option in the graphics section for single or dual video card.

For the record, of the 3 games, cod4 seems to have the best hook. This post actually got delayed because cod4 sucks you in pretty well.

Your system sure is a power house beast, is it really necessary to even OC the 8800 GTs? Anyways I can't believe COH 4 is getting so much praise, I'm assuming you haven't played Battlefield 2 any. COH 4 is pretty much Battlefield 2 without the vehicles, sure its infantry combat is more refined then BF2s and the play mechanics are smooth and slick, but still...it really offers nothing new to the genre unlike Crysis or gears of war. Battlefield 2 did everything COH 4 did and WAY more over 2 years ago.

i need gears of war.
the thing i dont like about COD 4 is the free for all.
there is absolutely no cohesion in that crap.
otherwise i like it pretty well.
BF2 is still better, though.
oh, my 8800GT rocks OUT BF2 and makes COD4 look like childs play. except when i am in free for all. did i mention that i hate free for all?

...Battlefield 2 graphics are extremely dull

Could never get into the game at all either...

I'm not sure what you're saying here as COD4 is more like the other COD games than BF2.

im saying that so far, i still like BF2 more than COD4. COD4 definitely has its good parts, tho.
as far as the free for all multiplayer, i hate it. lol but you can be a colonel in no time at all. that part rocks.
BF2 multiplayer is like crack, once you start, you cant stop. until you hit the hacker server, then you want to bash everyone, heh. dirty hackers.

lol, right now im into crysis the visuals are just the best ever. want to get cod4 and gow but my dodgey ISP has me locked on 12GB a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom