NEW PSU, Hard drives recommendations..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hello;

I'm in a bit of a hurry about making these changes because I need to order before this Friday so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm set for the WD 150GB Raptor as my Primary HD

Newegg.com - Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

I was "setting" my eyes for this HD for Storage:

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

The last and most important thing I really need input is for a new PSU ( spec of my PC are on my sig)

These are the options I was looking so far:

Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS ATX12V / EPS12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB, CE, CSA, UL, FCC - Retail

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV, FCC - Retail

Newegg.com - Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply 115/230 V CSA,UL,TUV,FCC - Retail

One last thing.. the PSU can't exceed the $99 barrier, my budget for this is around $460.

Comments, input, recommendations, e.c.t are welcome..

Thank you for taking your time and help me out guys, I really appreciate ;) :) .

--------
Phanto

They currently don't have the Corsair that you posted, one question though Looking at the spec I noticed that the Corsair have a single rail and the StealthXStream have 4 is there any huge difference?? I mean both PSU support SLI so the only other difference I can think of is that the StealthXStream have only 3x SATA conectors and the CORSAIR have 6x.
Anything else that I should know??
As of now I'm thinking getting the Stealth.

They currently don't have the Corsair that you posted, one question though Looking at the spec I noticed that the Corsair have a single rail and the StealthXStream have 4 is there any huge difference?? I mean both PSU support SLI so the only other difference I can think of is that the StealthXStream have only 3x SATA conectors and the CORSAIR have 6x.
Anything else that I should know??
As of now I'm thinking getting the Stealth.

I hear single rails are slightly better, but I don't think it matters overall that much.

The best way to compare is just to count the amps.

The CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX has 41 amps on the +12v rail. The OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS has 72 amps across the four +12v rails, so the OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS would provide much more power. The other rails are less important.

Surprisingly, no one mentioned what I think is really the best:
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

These suckers are just released. There is a 500GB, 750GB (not on Newegg yet), and a whopping 1TB model.

With a 32MB cache, these are what I recommend.

I have seen the 1TB with the whooping 32MB cache which is very nice btw, but the only that I had saw 750GB with 32MB cache so far is Hitachi brand.

I hear single rails are slightly better, but I don't think it matters overall that much.

The best way to compare is just to count the amps.

The CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX has 41 amps on the +12v rail. The OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS has 72 amps across the four +12v rails, so the OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS would provide much more power. The other rails are less important.

So I can get the OCZ StealthXStream with confidence then?

I have seen the 1TB with the whooping 32MB cache which is very nice btw, but the only that I had saw 750GB with 32MB cache so far is Hitachi brand.

So I can get the OCZ StealthXStream with confidence then?

Seagate makes three drives with a 32MB cache. They come in 500GB, 750GB, and 1TB sizes, and all have the 7200.11 model number. I would pick one of those.

Statistically, the OCZ StealthXStream is better. Since it's cheaper, it makes me wonder. I personally don't know which power supplies are 'quality' ones, and which ones are 'cheap' ones. But, yes, the OCZ StealthXStream seems fine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom