3DMark06: Q6600 VS Agena 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed very interesting.
400 points in cpu score is miniscule, by the way. that can almost certainly be attributed to the 100mhz clock difference.
we'll see about the overclockin'.
definitely need some more controlled testing.

yeah, doesn't the amd have lower voltage and one more thing thats better for ocing? i don't remember what it is tho.

Quick question though, isnt the 9600 the highest end quadcore atm? If so why is it being compared to the lowest end intel quad core.

indeed very interesting.
400 points in cpu score is miniscule, by the way. that can almost certainly be attributed to the 100mhz clock difference.
we'll see about the overclockin'.
definitely need some more controlled testing.

400 points is quite a lot. For example most e6600s @ 3.5ghz get about 3050-3100 points while they get about 2900 points @ 3.15ghz

That's a 300 point difference for a 350mhz clock.

That means a 400 pt difference would be about a 470mhz difference.

Anyway its still not a bad score at all, all depends on how they OC though as g0 quads can hit 3.6-4.0ghz no problem

Price-wise, the Agena 9600 is the Q6600 competitor, it also seems to be performance-wse as well. A little sad, because these were supposed to compete with the Penryns.

Indeed, but at least those with AM2 sockets have a nice little upgrade path now with something that at least compares with the core architecture.

*hand to face*

inconcievable!

the Phenom surely has more potential then this. What mobo was used for the Phenom? Because it sure shows not just from this benchmark, but from others that the reviewers r NOT USING the chipsets 790FX or 790X!

i may have to agree that the Phenom struggles using it's old HT 2.0 instead of 3.0, which it is suppose to use. It's backwards compatible, yes, but it being so chokes back the overall performance of the Phenom ONLY on AM2 mobos. U guys get me or what??

what they need to do is wait for the good asus am2+ boards to come out and stuff. and put some oc's on it and all that stuff. and really just go balls out oc'ing. i bet it can put up some really good numbers against the high end q series.

*fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom