1100 to drop on a laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you could build them...

I'd rather not pay for an OS, and just use linux.

Then I'd like to select my own parts to insure maximum linux compatibility.

Without knowing what you plan to do with the notebook, it's hard to say.

If this is your first notebook and you plan on being mobile with it, go with a 14.1". This size offers the best balance, in my opinion (larger notebooks are difficult to transport since they are heavy and large, smaller notebooks generally sacrifice too much screen size and don't generally offer dedicated graphics options).

An HP Pavilion DV2500T is worth looking into. I would avoid Toshiba and Acer, since their build quality is generally poor. Asus, Lenovo (ThinkPads), and HP make nice systems. Dell build quality is usually poor, but their Vostro small business line offers slightly better build quality at more reasonable prices (but you will sacrifice looks).

Anyway, if you give us some ideas of what you might be doing with it, what your preferences are (on screen size style and finish, weight, gaming or not, etc...), we could probably make some better recommendations.

Ok was looking at a 15.4 inch screen will sacrifce some mobility for the screen , uses web design photoshop and general use... maybe a little gaming but my desktop is for gaming, This is for Web design gfx /web design and i will be buying 2 One for me 1 for my Girlfriend

I wish you could build them...

I'd rather not pay for an OS, and just use linux.

Then I'd like to select my own parts to insure maximum linux compatibility.

Go to ibuypower.com ... they have you can get any of there laptops without an os..!

As for gaming nahh.. this is really for a web design competition and i need a decent laptop.....

My specs are

DISPLAY LCD: 15.4" Glossy WXGA TFT LCD Display Max: 1280x800 Pixels
CPU: Mobile AMD Turionâ„¢64 X2 Dual-Core TL-64 CPU @ 2.2GHz 2x512KB L2 Cache 64-bit Low Voltage 35Watt
MOTHERBOARD: NVIDIA C51MV + MCP51 Chipset Mainboard
MEMORY: 2GB (2x1GB) PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: Built-in Mobilityâ„¢ NVIDIA GeForce GO 7600 256MB PCI-Express X16 Video
HARD DRIVE: 100GB 7200RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE
OPTICAL DRIVE: 8X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE
SOUND: BUILT-IN AC 97 SOUND

$1185 with a $100 rebate off of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom