Plz help im dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your Mobo Manual to see what that LED is, It's probably just a power indication & that's cool. Are your fans spinning? It might be just bad Ram like everyone says. Easy enough to check if ya got some spare. Let us know & good luck, Shouldn't be too difficult to isolate it.

Firstly make sure all the Power Light/Hard Drive Light and especially Speaker is plugged into the correct pins. Those beeps made when a computer starts can tell you a lot about what is wrong with your computer.

Seeing as though it is the first computer you have built, were you careful when installing the components? I mean were you grounded when touching hardware, wearing an anti-static band or stood on a anti-static matt?

Only experienced builders should really not use anti-static equipment (really everyone should use them) - or if you are in a rush :p But seriously, always make sure you are grounded, any static electricity can damage sensetive components.

Refer to the manual also, make sure everything is compatible, again and again and again if you have to. I can't stress it enough, never force any hardware in, it can damage the hardware and the port/slot/socket.

If you are certain everything is good to go, all powered etc. Then individually check everything over, yes again... practice makes perfect.

Okay everything is good to go right? right?! Use onboard of everything that the motherboard supports and see if it boots.

Experience tells me that sometimes it is just something stupid not being plugged in :)

Alrighty then....got everything working.....dont really know what the problem was....i just took the mobo out and put it back in ...and everything powered up...

Now i just cant get windows to install cause it wont detect the hard drive....SATA western digital.....

So what do i need to do to get that bad boy working?

i just saw microbell's post concerning this issue.....only problem...he keeps talklin about some floppy that is suppose to come with your mobo....ya gigabyte didnt give me a floppy nor do i have a floppy drive installed in my new pc

naw the noise is all gone....got the pc to boot up...trying to install windows but it wont detect the SATA hard drive

Hehe you need to download the drivers from the internet that relate to your SATA controller.

You also need to set up your SATA array... even if it is using 1 hard drive. Press F6 during boot and use the downloaded drivers from your floppy disk to install.

I have an idea, It may sound stupid, but there is a jumper that cutts off all power to the components even the hard drive, locate this jumper and remove. It should be white or black and located anywheres opposite of the CPU.

This should actually be printed in the mobo's manual. if you have the mobo's manual get the diagram that plots the jumpers and use it to identify the jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom