which 8800 Ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
getting down to the nitty gritty. anyone know which EVGA 8800 Ultra I should get? I'm not really interested in the free games, but if it's not much more than the OEM card, I'll take it. just looking for the best price for the Ultra card. thanks guys!

Neither. Get an 8800GT and wait for the 9800 series cards to come out in a few months. Right now the ultra is a giant waste of cash unless you plan to run a 30" monitor. My 2 GT SLI setup cost me 470 and utterly stomps a single ultra which is still way overpriced considering its a year old card.

you can run 2 GT's for less than a single Ultra.

but you can run 2 Ultras and smash 2 GT's. but of course that'd be expensive.

ok, so which is a better standalone? I'm only getting one right now, but plan on sli'ing twin cards. I know it's more expensive, but I have the cash. is there much difference? and comparitively, which setup is better running two in the SLI config?

Instead of the SSC, save $40 and get the Superclocked version. I easily clocked mine to SSC speeds no sweat. 2 GTs are great for SLI cuz they run much cooler. I had to GTSs in SLI and my case got extremely hot. I really wouln't waste your money on an ultra right now. If you really want to spend that much money on a card wait for the 9 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom