Attempted to build a computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msimm

Beta member
I recently had a go at building my own computer which in retrospect may have been a bit beyond my current abilities. Anyway long story short after assembely to what I thought would have worked it now won't turn on. On pressing the power button there is no response from any of the componants. The motherboard is recieving power and the sb_pwr light blinks constantly when the power supply is switched on. The specs are as such:

AMD X2 6000 CPU(with supplied heatsink and fan)
ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe Motherboard
NVidia 6800 GT Graphics
500MB Westen Digital SATA HDD
600W Power supply
2 x 1GB sticks of 667MHz DDR2 RAM

I'm fairly sure everything is connected properly and I've tried a few different ways of plugging in the power button cable from the case to the motherboard. I'm really not sure what's wrong and any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you connect the power switch on the case to the motherboard? As well as the Power LED, Hard drive LED, Rest button LED cable?

Asi say in all of these type threads, check, recheck, and even if you think you did it right, check again. The front panel connections are very easy to get mixed up since i have yet to find a motherboard that has good documentation on the pin out.

Asi say in all of these type threads, check, recheck, and even if you think you did it right, check again. The front panel connections are very easy to get mixed up since i have yet to find a motherboard that has good documentation on the pin out.

That's what I was foccussing on the most and I'm pretty sure I got it all right. I used an ASUS Q-Connecter which had all the pins written out on it so it was pretty easy. When it wouldn't work first time I tried connecting the power button connections in the same configuration into the motherboard without the Q-connector but there was still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom