DX10? Time for a gaming PC! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe you mean ln2 ;)

and why not ln2 gpu's as well.. ln2 is much colder than dry ice...

and screw ln2 systems.. that'll only last you a few minutes.. then you gotta keep filling the dewer... only good for suicide record kinda runs

go w/ some phase change... not as big a hastle.. and can still keep a system at something like 4.7 ghz daily!

l2n ln2 same thing lol yes i know dry ice isn't nearly as cold as nitro but still there both ****ing cold so i dont care lol

SP1 is just a rollup update. So most of SP1 has already been released >.> runs fine for me. yeah theres a bit of a slowdown with DX10 but slowign down from 60-50fps is pointless. now for crysis where youre tryign to squeeze as much fps as possibly xp is probably the better choice. but id still rather look at the dx10 myself. all opinion though, if you have to run it on low just for it to be playable then dx10 is pointless.

cysis is actually supposed to run better on Vista and DX10. I have played the demo on both xp pro and vista home premium (32 bit) and I got the about the same framerate (~20 average) on both at 1680x1050 res and XP settings: All high AA 16 and Vista settings: All very high AA none. Now those aren't really comparable settings but maybe this will give an idea of what you can expect out of your system on crysis.

cysis is actually supposed to run better on Vista and DX10. I have played the demo on both xp pro and vista home premium (32 bit) and I got the about the same framerate (~20 average) on both at 1680x1050 res and XP settings: All high AA 16 and Vista settings: All very high AA none. Now those aren't really comparable settings but maybe this will give an idea of what you can expect out of your system on crysis.

Surprisingly... That's not too bad of frame rates for a game that isn't suppose to be playable on todays hardware with high settings. Granted you have a very nice computer.

will a thermalright extreme fit in a 900 case? i have one in my Cooler master stacker and i have to take off one of the fans to close my door. Btw nice choice on the maximus, i currently have my CPU @3.5ghz without even breaking a sweat, gonna push it too 3.8ghz soon :)

will a thermalright extreme fit in a 900 case? i have one in my Cooler master stacker and i have to take off one of the fans to close my door. Btw nice choice on the maximus, i currently have my CPU @3.5ghz without even breaking a sweat, gonna push it too 3.8ghz soon :)

Yessums, she'll fit. I just won't be able to use the side fan. Seems worth it. :).

you have a qx6700 amd a gtx and you only scored 12591 on 3dmark 06 thats very odd you should have scored much higher then that

I was actually surprised about it too. I asked B1gapl about it once and he said it sounded normal, but I don't know. I got that score awhile back so I think I'm going to run it again.

Nosboost: If you look at my sig, you will notice that I do OC. cpu @3.3 and GTX @ 620/1000 and my HZ's are at 1100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom