help before i install Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tip-mobb

Beta member
okay well the thing is my computer came with Windows XP installed into my machine when i purchased it, and it also came with PC Angel software so restore of XP is easy. I was wondering if i can install Windows Vista and if i had any problems i could still use PC Angel to go back to my Windows XP, even though i used Windows Uprgrade Advisor it said i should have no problems at all running Vista Ultimate on my computer.

I have my computer specs here:

Manufacturer: eMachines
Model: T6410
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Memory: 896.00 Mb (on board video card 128 MB)
Hard Disk Drives: "C" - 132.98 GB Free (145.97 GB Total) <- Main
"D" - 30.86 GB Free (55.90 GB Total) <- Music
"E" - 865.57 MB Free (3.07 GB Total) <- PC Angel OS Recovery

any help / suggestions? thanks :)

PC Angel is a XP utility. Unless you plan on dual booting i doubt that the sotware will work in Vista.

It looks alright. But you wont get Aero or the Flip3D affects with onboard GFX. There are very few onboard cards that can handle it.

My parents' Dell has an integrated nVidia 6100LE and it runs Aero just fine...Games sometimes lag but the desktop effects are no problem for newer onboard cards.

Yes that is so. But most newer laptops and PC's are shipping with Vista in mind. Since he has XP pre-isntalled it has to be at least a year old. But if you wish to check this is the most up to date list of ready GPU's that i know of.

Vista Ready GPUs - MsBetas.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom