New Computer for Vernong!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.. i'll manage.. that x2 3600+ is gone too.. so in this house its just this P4 and the Pentium 3 (sister's now..) which used to be mine too.. but i stepped up and got this..

hey hmammen...how much will shipping cost? ill pay for it if vernong cant afford it...i just sold something and got some extra cash on my paypal!

it should be around 10$. I will let you know. I may just send it.

we need to get a master list of parts together...so we all have an idea of what we are sending.

yeah. we need to figure out who's gonna send what.

we still need a 939 x2 cpu.
i'll throw in a 512 stick of ram
we need to decide on a gpu
hd's i have hd's, he has a 40 gb
need a psu
we have that a3n or w/e asus 939 board (potentially)

I am def sending him my evga 7900gs KO. so that takes care of the gpu.

also, i have a dvd drive i can thow in too.

anyone got an extra s939 x2 cpu?!?!?! :)

no, i dont. but i WILL send the 2 x 512kb sticks of patriot ddr that i bought for my moms old rig to my little buddy vernon. ddr 400 should be some good s*** in a decent rig.
v-dogg youre such a lucky little f*** we love you so much to build you a new rig from our spare parts.
xoxo

dude no way your opteron (or my 3600 or apoks 6000) can thru-put 2 8800gt's. f***in rockin though i cant wait to get my second...
why...? just BECAUSE. yay-YER!

i mean your opteron will not be able to run both of those cards without bottlenecking them.
it will run one pretty darn good, but even then it is the weak point in the equation. no offense, my 3600 is my weak point...its just the way it is.
to put it into perspective, look at it like this...
in 3dmark (yes i know its a bunk example) you get a certain score. as you overclock your cpu, your score goes up. but, you reach the point where your cpu will not clock any higher. but, if it could, your score would continue to go up (ie the card would begin to use the resouces availible to it). ya feel me? this is one reason why you may not see a big difference in your score if you overclock your CARD. but, if you overclock your cpu, the difference is massive.

i mean your opteron will not be able to run both of those cards without bottlenecking them.
it will run one pretty darn good, but even then it is the weak point in the equation. no offense, my 3600 is my weak point...its just the way it is.
to put it into perspective, look at it like this...
in 3dmark (yes i know its a bunk example) you get a certain score. as you overclock your cpu, your score goes up. but, you reach the point where your cpu will not clock any higher. but, if it could, your score would continue to go up (ie the card would begin to use the resouces availible to it). ya feel me? this is one reason why you may not see a big difference in your score if you overclock your CARD. but, if you overclock your cpu, the difference is massive.

will stock e6600 or 6750 not bottleneck? what about a 6000+ or 6400+?
i got no clue but a opteron and 3ghz performs in that area so you decide :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom