Phenom X4 9-Series (Agena) Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah, but my point is, that between the 9700 and 9600 is only 100MHz, with a difference of 30W of power. That's a lot! Imagine that every increment of 100MHz adds on 30 watts of power usage?

I'm sure it doesn't work like that, but why the high increase in power consumption? What else other than the 100MHz increase can cause that?

30w more? for 100mhz more? thats... BAD!!! thats horrible if your an overclocker..

thats what im sayin man
UNLESS...unless...the 30W of power gives it even more headroom to overclock without changing the voltage.
thats the only reason.
but as you say even at 125 TDP it consumes hardly any power when under load.
i just like looking at 95 TDP.

theres gotta be some kind of difference.. or I'm afraid to say this. but I'm going Yorkfield... I really wanted AMD :( or take the lower power consumption and overclock...

yeah but is funny v-dogg...i can clock my 3600 to 3+ ghz at under 1.375v
not a whole lot of chips can do that.
maybe AMD has gotten a grip oin power consumption.

Yorkfield is in January, and quite frankly, I just don't think I can wait any longer, especially since my Christmas break is coming and it'll be the perfect time to do some video game playing. I hope and pray that the Phenoms are made of awesome.

I'm V-Dogg :0

but I just don't see people waiting for Yorkfields (unless your like me.. where your waiting for a while) especially the people wanting Crysis/Alan Wake/Hellgate etc etc fast.. people are either just gonna get the q6600 and live with the bigger die size.. or get a Phenom which comes out in less than a week...

loll.. I'm repeating what Merkwürdigliebe is saying.. this year is like the Ultimate Year for Video Gamers eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom