verry happy to pass 2.80ghz.please help for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliman

Baseband Member
I did try more than a week to pass 2.8ghz,but always got crask.update BIOS P31 still same sht,post around ,and reading,still no help .almost giveup then last friday just try to reset MBoard back to normal:set the reset jump,take off battery for more than one hour, try the last time set FSB 1250MHZ ,so it's ok then 1300,1350,and the last hit is 1400.PLease give me a tip to passthis point.I read and see alot people have E6300 hit to 3.8ghz,maybe some thing wrong with my chip/MBoard.

Attachments

• CPU Event logging8.JPG
    CPU Event logging8.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 78
hahaha he wants 3.8ghz.. on AIR COOLING!!! thats a bit overboard..

did you make sure that your FSB:RAM Ratio is 1:1.... so that your RAM overclocks as you raise the FSB...

I read and see alot people have E6300 hit to 3.8ghz,maybe some thing wrong with my chip/MBoard. Maybe 3.6 if they live in the Alps or something , maybe there on water I know how OCing limits can be changed after finishing an stable Orthos :D

but i was talking about a q6600.. and i think so is he.. because thats what his CPU-Z said..

but 9:10 FSB:RAM Ratio is just bad... try to get it to 1:1.. i think theres a setting..

with this setting it can pass 20hours Orthos test,is this test good enought,or i have to do Prime95-25.5.i will try to set ratio 1:1 now and do the test again.

hahaha he wants 3.8ghz.. on AIR COOLING!!! thats a bit overboard..

did you make sure that your FSB:RAM Ratio is 1:1.... so that your RAM overclocks as you raise the FSB...

I'm pretty sure his sig says he has a Zalman 9700. Still.... 3.8 is probably too high of an expectation. 3.6 maybe more achievable.

Caliman, set your FSB to 400mhz with a 9x multiplier and test again. Orthos is fine, but I prefer Prime95 since it stresses all 4 cores in one instance. Also, I don't know what your motherboard's settings allow for so I can't get too detailed past that. You have some good RAM so that should make your Ram Ratio 1:1 if your motherboard does it automatically, if not then there must be some setting in BIOS that you'll have to switch on or off. Watch your temps too - use CoreTemp to make sure you're not burning out your computer. Once you have got 3.6 stable (IF) then you can mess with RAM timings and settings. It's a long process to get everything just how you like it (and stable) so be patient.

Another thing, Bring your Memory voltage down to 2.1 volts. Don't go past 2.2

last night set FSB 1400,RATIO 1:1 and pass 10hours ORTHOS test but when i do restart computer then it got crash with blue screen.....and now i am giong try prime95 with lower volt core.

Attachments

• CPU Event logging9.JPG
    CPU Event logging9.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom