screwed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
whenever i restart my com, after the windows screen where there's thatt green thingy movin, my monitor jus shuts off and the windows won't startup unless i go to the recovery console and overwrite the system file called 'system' from c:\windows\repair\ to c:\windows\system32\config\

i need a permanent solution 2 this coz whenever i restart n replace the file, sum progs dun werk n i've to reinstall them again n again. any ideas?

err.. i'm not sure of the exact problem.. but maybe you should format hehe, that'll solve it most likely =)

after that happens, can u get to safe mode at least? if you can it'll give us somewhere to start.

i'm only plannig 2 format after i get a new com which is in nov - dec. Ok i'll try 2 get 2 the safe mode. if i can wat do i do next?

Try reinstalling Windows setup files. This is a simple process and allows you to keep all personal files.

Boot from the Windows XP CD and install as you would normally, but when it lists the Windows Installations detected select repair.

my bro tells me that itz a hardware prob. that's y whenever i overwrite the file it changes back 2 default hardwares n it werks. any ideas on how 2 check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom