New Computers - Which looks best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Down

Solid State Member
I know almost nothing about hardware. Therefore, it has me worried when I am to pick my own PC for Christmas. I have compiled a list of possible PCs, and here they are:

---

Dell Inspiron 531: Inspiron 531

Packard Bell 2411: PACKARD BELL 2411 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap PACKARD BELL Desktop Computers and the latest PACKARD BELL Desktop PC deals.

Advent T9508: ADVENT T9508 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap ADVENT Desktop Computers and the latest ADVENT Desktop PC deals.

Packard Bell 2411 (different monitor): PACKARD BELL 2411 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap PACKARD BELL Desktop Computers and the latest PACKARD BELL Desktop PC deals.

Compaq SR5027: COMPAQ SR5027 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap COMPAQ Desktop Computers and the latest COMPAQ Desktop PC deals.

EI System 307 (Big Monitor is a plus): EI SYSTEM 307 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap EI SYSTEM Desktop Computers and the latest EI SYSTEM Desktop PC deals.

Advent T9408: ADVENT T9408 Desktop PC and TFT Monitor from PC World - Cheap ADVENT Desktop Computers and the latest ADVENT Desktop PC deals.

---

... which should I get?

I would like to be able to play new(ish) games and be able to multitask with many programs open. With regard to the games, I don't mind low graphics quality, as long as they will run.

So, disregarding OSes, since I do have some OS CDs anyway, which PC should I get?

They all have unsatisfactory video cards.

Actually, I've never even heard of a "nVidia GeForce 7500 LE Graphics". Anyone tell me what that is?

It's an OEM of the GeForce 7.

Also, any reccommendations then? My budget is anything up to £499.

ideally we try to get people to build their own system for a few reasons.
1. It's way easier then you think.
2. It's more cost effective.
3. It's a fun thing to do.
4. You'll feel good about building it yourself.

if you really don't want to do it yourself, then you'll need to find a pc in your price range that either a 79xx, 19xx, or an 8800 card. Also you'll wanna look for a cpu thats atleast 2.0ghz+ anything under 2ghz and you'll be stretching it.

Raze--> I would like to be able to play new(ish) games and be able to multitask with many programs open. With regard to the games, I don't mind low graphics quality, as long as they will run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom