OCZ SLI Ready RAM - Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Excellent deal.

While Crucial Ballistix are amazing, you have to consider price, and really, I think the difference in performance one would notice between the OCZ Plats and Ballistix is negligible, particularly in video games and such.

Difference in RAM is really only notice when you OC it. If you can get high speeds with tight timings then you are looking at good RAM. The best thing about OCZ is their allowance of higher voltages.

im definatly picking up some crucial, if not the partiots at 444 12, at ncix the ocz platinums cost this NCIX.com - Buy OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-15 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit - OCZ2P800R22GK In Canada.

the crucials cost this NCIX.com - Buy Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - BL2KIT12864AA804 In Canada.

the crucial is cheaper and better and then there are the patriots which cost this NCIX.com - Buy Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 2X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-12 Dual Channel Memory Kit - PDC22G6400LLK In Canada., i decided to go with the crucials tho, for the price of the ocz platinums you can get crucial tracers, or 1066 ram instead of 800, and itl have teh same timings as the ocz.

edit: for the price of the ocz platinu,s you can get these from ncix NCIX.com - Buy Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC2-8500 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-15 Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ LED - BL2KIT12864AL1065 In Canada. and there 10 buckes cheaper.

Thanks for the help, guys. I've forked out for the OCZ Reaper. Hope its worth it.

Hi guys.

I've just installed 2GB of the OCZ 8500 DRR2 Reaper HPC RAM in my PC. I'm not that savvy when it comes to RAM, but I gather the RAM, using EPP should configure it properly without having to do any tweaking. I have got readings using CPU-Z (see my attachment) but I'm not sure if they are correct or not.

The other weird thing is if you go into the "SPD" tab in CPU-Z, it states that the max bandwidth is PC2-5300! That was my old Corsair RAM which no longer lives in my system!?

What should I do to make sure that the memory readings are correct? Is there anything in the BIOS that I should change?

Thanks.

Attachments

• memory.JPG
    memory.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 28
  • memory2.JPG
    memory2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 23
Guys,

I think I've sussed it. In the BIOS there's a facility to turn on "SLI-Ready" memory, it was disabled, so I selected "CPUOC MAX" setting. It seems to be reading the right settings now (see attachment).

However, in the SPD settings, its still showing up as PC2-5300! Any suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

• CPUZ.JPG
    CPUZ.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom