OCZ SLI Ready RAM - Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manowar

In Runtime
Hi all,

I have a EVGA Nvidia 680i SLI motherboard. Currently, it has installed 4 x 512mb Corsair PC2-5400 DDR2 667mhz RAM modules.

I've had these for about a year now, and they've not let me down. However, recently I read up that my board can support RAM up to 1066mhz, providing it's SLI-ready.

I've got my eyes on this Buy 2GB OCZ SLi Ready Dual Channel Kit OCZ2N1066SR2GK from CCL - Online Retailer of the Year 2006 2GB OCZ SLi Ready Dual Channel Kit

Basically, I want to know 100% if this RAM with be compatible with my motherboard before I fork out for it. It supposedly runs at 1066mhz, and the board also takes 667/800 and 1066mhz.

Does anyone have this RAM? If so, whats your opinions on it?

Thanks.

I have OCZ, great ocing RAM. I would suggest you get Reaper's with EPP timings since your board supports it. AND, Down from the sky , into the fight, hearts full of rage, thunder, and glory. :)

If you can get reaper cheap go for it, otherwise i would pick up ballistix. I currently run 2gb of the ocz plat 4-4-4-15 memory and i havent tried overclocking it, but i run 1:1 sync'd since i run a 400mhz fsb. Also, i run SLI and dont have sli certified memory, its just a way for them to charge more for something all memory does.

Heh for what its worth, all they do on the reaper memory is add the heatpipe and loosen the timings so that it can run 1066 instead of 800.

The reapers are good but not great. Preacher ur running them at 1:1 with a 3.2GHz e6300, with 4-4-4-15 correct? Well my XMS is running at the same frequency stable with 4-4-4-10 timings. I would say thats a fairly better module.

The ocz modules are 4-4-4-15 automatically. So unless he has played with the timings thats what they get set to. Right now im running 2gb of ocz plat 4-4-4-15 and 2gb of corsair xms2 5-5-5-12 sticks at 1:1 800mhz 4-4-4-12. So for the most part the corsair and ocz are identical. Personally i like my ocz's better because THEY SENT ME MY REBATE.

The OCZs are good if you're Canadian.

We never get good deals on the Crucial Ballistix here in Canada. For some reason they won't give us the mail-in-rebates, I saw it once maybe on NCIX, but it's not as often as in the States.

I got my OCZ Plats for $70 and they overclocked to 1002MHz at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V and I really didn't try and tweak around that much, I'm sure I could've gotten better results.

The reapers are good but not great. Preacher ur running them at 1:1 with a 3.2GHz e6300, with 4-4-4-15 correct? Well my XMS is running at the same frequency stable with 4-4-4-10 timings. I would say thats a fairly better module.

Yeah but im not done OCing mate, im lowering voltage everyday and then ill get to the RAM ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom