athlon 64 problems, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was going to drop the multiplier and bring up the FSB, that would work if i have the voltage and things set to auto wouldnt it? and, are u telling me that getting PC3200 would be wise? and if it is, would getting even higher RAM be better? they make like 500 mhz and 450 mhz i think, would that be good to get?

pc3200 ram with a low cas rating should be adequate. I'm running the Corsair XMS memory currently and I'm pleased with it.

when i upgrade my RAM why stop at PC 3200, should i get even higher? or, would that be pointless, would it there be no better performance from my computer after that? thanx

raising the FSB and lowering the multiplier is pointless

higher than DDR400/pc3200 would be pointless unless you plan to overclock--unwise

stick with pc3200
---------------------

and for the one with 65C temps on their AMD 64....you should immediatly check the Heatsink to make sure it is properly applied(and at 65C it probably isn't) My AMD64 runs at about 33 idle with the stock Heatsink and a few case fans WITHOUT the cool and quiet BS at the full 2,000mhz

Hey Mr. slvrstang

We all have names here. You can leave that condescending crap at the keyboard.
I notice from your signature that you don't have an MSI K8t Neo motherboard. Mr. aceman2105 indicated that he does. i also have the motherboard. So, as I have had to state in other threads, I am attempting to help a forum member by sharing my experiences.
There are many other people with this motherboard and slightly different variations of the K8T Neo that are having temperature issues. The heatsink or thermal paste or the way you put it on isn't the issue. I have applied mine twice when I was first building the computer just to make sure that that was not the problem.
Mr. slvrstang, I'm glad that your system is running cool and stable, but don't go shooting down other people, because you think that you know everything.

Aggdaddy said:
Hey Mr. slvrstang

We all have names here. You can leave that condescending crap at the keyboard.
I notice from your signature that you don't have an MSI K8t Neo motherboard. Mr. aceman2105 indicated that he does. i also have the motherboard. So, as I have had to state in other threads, I am attempting to help a forum member by sharing my experiences.
There are many other people with this motherboard and slightly different variations of the K8T Neo that are having temperature issues. The heatsink or thermal paste or the way you put it on isn't the issue. I have applied mine twice when I was first building the computer just to make sure that that was not the problem.
Mr. slvrstang, I'm glad that your system is running cool and stable, but don't go shooting down other people, because you think that you know everything.

Excuse me for not bothering to read the name of the person who said his 64 was at 65C. And I don't think that just because you have a different motherboard that it will cause it to run 30C higher than normal. Do you have the Newcastle or Clawhammer core?

Because your motherboard most likely only goes up to pc3200

the reason people buy pc3500 and pc3700 is so that when they overclock their FSB, in your case 200 to say like 220, the ram will run at 440mhz which it is rated to do at pc3700. But unless you plan on overclocking pc3200 is exactly what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom