Evga 8800gts Ssc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is news to you guys, but the 8800GTS (G92) has an official release date (for China) and MSRP. The date and the MSRP will be Dec. 3 and 2299CNY, which is rougly $308 USD. I hope that translates the same into Canadian dollars (GT prices have shown this to be true, so hopefully history repeats itself.)

MSRP of 308, retail (newegg) price of 400 :p

Har har har, good thing I don't have to deal with Newegg. Canadians don't seem to like gouging that much. Our 8800GT were on par, if not cheaper than US prices (also because of the trade value I guess)

For the record, like those other special plural words, like 'fish', for graphics cards model numbers, adding an 'S' for plural, I think, should be changed to applying the same rule as one would apply to the word 'fish' where the singular = plural. It takes away from the confusion, especially when one talks about many 8800GT and not the 8800GTS, adding the apostrophe (8800GT's) is not valid because you are applying a possesive attribute, like it belongs to someone or something. Some from now on, it's "There are very few 8800GT available" or "I have two 8800GT in SLI"

However, in verbal discussions, one may add the 'S' in the end, as long as they vocally pluralize it and pronounce the 'S' like a 'Z', so two or more 8800GT in verbal discussions would be "Eighty-eight hundred 'Gee-Teez'" I'm assuming this is already in practice.

MSRP of 308, retail (newegg) price of 400 :p

What are you talking about? I LOVE PRICE GOUGING!

Thank you Fry's for cheap 8800GT ($229)

But yea, hopefully the Chinese MSRP translates somewhat succinctly with the U.S. and there isn't such a MASSIVE rush on them as we saw/still see with the 8800GT.

Question is, will i stepup my GT cards to GTS cards :p Just put in my step-up request to go from GTS320 to GT512 and im #501 in the queue :(

Har har har, good thing I don't have to deal with Newegg. Canadians don't seem to like gouging that much. Our 8800GT were on par, if not cheaper than US prices (also because of the trade value I guess)

For the record, like those other special plural words, like 'fish', for graphics cards model numbers, adding an 'S' for plural, I think, should be changed to applying the same rule as one would apply to the word 'fish' where the singular = plural. It takes away from the confusion, especially when one talks about many 8800GT and not the 8800GTS, adding the apostrophe (8800GT's) is not valid because you are applying a possesive attribute, like it belongs to someone or something. Some from now on, it's "There are very few 8800GT available" or "I have two 8800GT in SLI"

However, in verbal discussions, one may add the 'S' in the end, as long as they vocally pluralize it and pronounce the 'S' like a 'Z', so two or more 8800GT in verbal discussions would be "Eighty-eight hundred 'Gee-Teez'" I'm assuming this is already in practice.

lol this is a great quote. man i laughed.
so, would that be like a school of 8800GT?
lmao...what will we use for bait? how about 290 dollars?
i do agree with the improper positioning of the apostrophe..
8800gt's is not right, because it implies the 8800GT actually owns something. like you are saying...
"hey dont eat that pizza...it's 8800GT's..."
but, perhaps we should just write 8800GTs. as in, "i wish i had TWO 8800GTs".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom