Is this a good laptop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerma922

Beta member
With these laptop specs, do you think video editing and gaming are going to be good? or is there anything i need to know about something on this model thats good....bad???

Intel p4 w/HT technology 3.0Ghz
15.4 in. WSXGA+
1GB DDR RAM 400mhz 2 DIMMs
128mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
60GB Hard Drive at 7200RPM
4x CD/DVD burner (DVD-RW/DVD-R)

My experience though somewhat limited is that laptop performance can be allot slower than what you expect from a given set of specs. My dell laptop 2.4Ghz P4 (desktop processor version), Radio 7500 mobile 32mb, 384Mb ram looks pretty good on paper for gaming. In reality I have trouble running older games such as Unreal Tournament and C&C Renegade. I recommend finding and test driving a laptop in the same product line at a retail location and reading lots of reviews before dropping the dough.

Kizzle, that graphics card is what really hurts you :p Everything else should be able to run older and possibly some newer, at lower settings, games, pretty well O.O

wow, thats still a pretty good portable . . .

who makes it? stay away from HP . . . my family has 2 notebooks from hp, they book are not good . . .

plus, dont expect the battery to last long (with a 3Ghz HT, WS, DVD+R, and 7200rpm HDD)

for laptops, i like centrino . . .

its very good for portables . . .

i know a few people with it, they love it . . .

and play games on it

Personally, I would never get a laptop for gaming. Thats a pretty good one, and should be able to run newer games on it such as HL2 and Doom 3 (only a few weeks away).

koldapu said:
personally, i wouldnt call gaming laptops really "laptops"

theyre more . . . 'compressed desktops"

Yeah... and my PC isnt' really a "PC"... it's more like an over-sized Pocket Tablet on steriods.

lol, that was great. yeah, i would say a desktop is better for gaming, more to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom