Total noobie at this, want to make super PC! Help pleeease...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That monitor has an 8ms response time. I think that's high enough to have visible ghosting while playing games.

PC Feature: Expert advice on high definition displays - PC Gamer Magazine
The good news is that from a technical point of view, the latest generation of these panels from Dell and HP are now almost as fast as a smaller panel in terms of response time and input lag, which makes them suitable even for playing a fast-paced FPS online.

? :S

It might be okay, but I bet the difference would be easily noticeable side-by-side with a 2ms one.

If I had something better to recommend in that size, I would, but I just don't shop for that expensive of monitors.

this is just my opinion but 30 is overkill XD and you will notice a performance drop. Crysis will murder ultras at 1900x. I dont even want to look at the 2560x benches. also imo 19 is small -.- Great for performance/speed mind you XD.
with your budget NCIX.com - Buy LG L245WP-BN 24IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Black 8MS 1000:1 500CDM Pivot Height Adjust Tilt VGA HDMI - L245WP-BN In Canada. a 24" should be great. gives you access to 1900x res still has great response. + this has some stellar reviews.
I was in huge debate over this monitor vs samsung vs benq and this one won out. Though its more expensive.
BustedSony said:
The BenQ and LG use the same panel, with both monitors listing the speed as 8 ms. To put that in perspective, an NTSC video frame at 30 fps is 33 ms, one field of 60 fps is 17 ms, thus 8 ms grey to grey is 120 fps before ghosting. That is more than enough for any game, especially since the refresh rate of LCD monitors is limited to 60 times per second, or that selfsame 17 ms.
Course nothing is 100% concrete so take it with a grain of salt. Any comments on the above from the pro's? As things stand I'll be grabbing this one unless someone has some contrasting info XD.

oh
TN Film, MVA, PVA and IPS – Which one's for you?
great link for lcd display info.

the 24" is no slouch but a 30" would be amazing i think, if they were $1000+ i would probably have one. it would be hard to keep that thing running in games though. either way, 24 or 30, it would still be sweet. im contempt with playing on my 17" crt, haven't seen enough justification to spend the money to go up to a 22 or 24 yet.

nah the monitor I picked got an extremely good review in UK PC Gamer magazine it's definitely good for games, about the only thing they mentioned that could top it is a projector :)

I'll be going SLI, no problem

Ok I vaguely understand after looking at that article, but still don't understand how it affects my computer or what I should be buying. I've been told that motherboard is good and the CPU is basically the best there is at the moment so I dunno? "Nephalem" means absolutely nothing to me :(

Nehalem is intels new 32nm architecture CPU its coming out later on this year and into 2008. Nahalem is the code name fore the new CPU's your mobo will be fine if your going to build imediatly because you need a new system bad

what i mean by its getting rid of the northbridge is the northbridge is the memory controller and the CPU is on the circuit meaning there CPU has to communicate with the northbridge to send data and store it AKA choosing what it needs to go to Video card, Ram or to the southbridge which goes to larger storage such as your HDD's.

when you get rid of the north bridge you have less restriction on where the data goes after its been processed since the memory controller or "northbridge" is already on the CPU meaning that it doesnt have to go through a circuit on the mobo meaning the graphics card gets and sends data faster meaning that SLI will be more efficient and the ram is used more efficiently.

Nahelem is just a codename for the new proccessor is all

but seeing as how your building right now this shouldnt affect you unless you want the best of the best. just go with your current mobo for now because that mobo is still very very future proof and will last you even past nehalem and still be running strong.

i hope i've helped you understand more of the computer world.

did anybody notice the heatsink/fan combo?
if your gonna be doing some oc'ing you'll want to get a tuniq tower if you can get it over across the pond.
even if your not oc'ing you should get it.

also if your gonna put this much money into the gaming system of the century, you should invest in some fun extras that will really put your system over the top, like lights, more fans, nice cooling, etc..

m1dnight.. u changed ur name?

heres a great build:
Chris Chadwick said:

its a bit overboard.. but its a nice build..

idk why on earth anybody wants to spend this much... but its up to you.. but if your spending this much.. you could probably beat the 3dmark06 record if you get your hands on some LN2

ever thought of Phase Change Cooling? its expensive and you got the money to do it you could deffinatly OC the heck outa tat extreme and steal the top TechForums 3dmark score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom