Labtop reccomendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
Ok, so my sister requires a labtop for school now. Here are the requirements:
Between 500 and 650 USD.
Operating system: XP Pro
Long battery life, as long as possible for price range.
I will order from newegg. chiefvalue, zipzoomfly or tigerdirect.

She will not be playing any games and only needs it for classes.

Thanks.

like other common pronouciation mistakes... you still get the point but they pronouce how they see it, and people type-spell off how things sound....

the top of a table that is found in a lab, most commonly a chemistry lab.
wiki definition: A laptop computer, or simply laptop (also notebook computer or notebook

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834280003

EVEREX SA2053T NoteBook
Intel Pentium dual-core T2080(1.73GHz)
12.1" Wide XGA
1GB DDR2 533
100GB 5400rpm HDD
Dual layer DVD Burner
Intel GMA950

$599

Probably the best deal you will find on a 12.1", even though it's a little outdated. 12.1" is probably the best size a student would want for school since it's so portable and convenient. Most of the budget notebooks in your price range are 15.4", which in my opinion, is a bit too large for every day school use. 12.1" to 14.1" is the perfect size.

Yep, it fits, but lugging around a 15.4" notebook along with books isn't fun (around 6 lbs). You want to cut back on weight wherever possible, especially when mobile, and especially when you are of a sex with lower upper body strength- possibly walking miles every week on campus to and from class.

I did the whole college + laptops + books + backpack thing. Smaller is better, so long as your eyes are comfortable with the screen size, and your hands fit on the keyboard. 12.1" to 14.1" is the best size for school. I had the choice between a 15.4" and a 14.1", and even though the 14.1" was slower and older than my 15.4", it was my choice since it was more convenient. If I had a 12.1" back then, there's no doubt I would choose it.

It's a lot easier to pull out a 12.1" notebook with one hand in a hurry than it is to pull out a 15.4". It also takes up less desk space, which in many colleges is simply long tables that you share with other students (either that or your lap if you are in a large lecture hall with theater seats).

I probably should also mention that the smaller the screen, the less likely it will suffer pressure damage from books. If she gets a larger laptop, remind her to face the top of the laptop away from the book compartment on her backpack, that way the pressure from the books edges will be applied to the bottom of the notebook.

12.1" are usually very expensive. 13.3" are also expensive, and a bit more uncommon. 14.1" are common, but generally more expensive than the mainstream budget notebook ,which is 15.4". I say 14.1" max for college, especially for someone with a smaller build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom