LCD Screen bleed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
HELP!

I was cleaning my Dell Latitude D610 , with polish and a duster. Now i seam to have killed it. There are places on both sides of the screen where it appears to have blead, pressing on this point does nothing.

Thanks for your help.
Tkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could possibly replace the screenm its not hard but it aint easy either, check ebay or the dell website

i cant say yes or no but it may be worth to sit it out for a while and see if it improves after a week or so

Thats usually bad news right there, my friend. I've seen those screen bleeds, typically they dont go away. When you cleaned it, did you spray the cleaner right onto the screen? Did you use alot? When you clean a screen (LCD, CRT, any kind) you should be very conservative with the amount of cleaner you use, and apply it to the rag you are using to clean it. Never apply it directly to the screen. Like what happened to you, it will trickle down, get into circuitry, and into places where it should not be. When you apply it to the cloth, it should not be dripping wet. If there is not enough on the cloth, you can always apply a little bit more to said cloth and clean again.

You can possibly replace the screen inside the the screen (I know what I meant) but it might be more trouble than it's worth, and might cost more. See if it goes away, but most likely your best course of action is to get a new screen. It's either going to go away or get worse.

EDIT: Just noticed it was a laptop. I saw the same exact thing happen to the same exact laptop here at school. It only got worse. Live with it, or replace the screen, which, like I said earlier, might be cost prohibitive. Like was said up top, cruise eBay and try to find a dead D610 with a working screen to replace it with. It's not hard, if you know what you're doing. If you dont know what you're doing, dont attempt it, you could ruin your entire laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom